• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Partial wiring harness?

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ-Sport, 4.0, AW-4, 231J, 484,000 miles.

In all my years of driving I've opened and closed the drivers door millions? of times. I know that some of the wires in there must be broken as the passenger side doors and windows do not work from the gang switch in the drivers door.
I replaced the gang switch last year and that didn't solve the problem.

My question is, the wiring harness that comes out of the drivers door, and goes into the door jam, is there a place where the whole thing can be disconnected and replaced by a new partial section of the main harness, so that all of the wires in the harness are replaced rather than one at a time?

Thank you in advance.
Jeff-97XJ

Pull of the left side kick panel and you should see the connector(s). The harness itself varies with option such as pwr windows, pwr mirrors, pwr door locks, 6 speaker audio.

If you find that wire harness at the Dealership, expect to pay about $ 200 for it. They are not difficult to fix. Most at the junkyard are in the same condition.

Any break will likely be in the "boot" that connects the door to the door jamb. Rather than replace the harness, just splice in new wires.

My Laredo has pwr mirrors, pwr locks, pwr windows and 6 speakers so it's quite a bundle going through the door.

Back