• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have fallen in love with this trailer, what is it?

Military.... Specially-outfitted for, mess....or something, can't remember.... But, I know of one in the next town and, if you wish, can give you the gents tel. no. He does mil vehicles and power wagons, etc. I believe it is available...

They are expensive and hard to find, I forgot the exactly designation of it though. Something like an M101A1 or something like that, google it and you should find some pictures. I was looking at them before and I don't think you can find them for cheaper than like $600

You can do similar to a standard 1/4 ton trailer. We used to build dog houses on top of them, 2x4's and 1/2" marine plywood, back did not open though. Had two hatches like that and we would hang a tarp off eyebolts down the middle, used collapsable tent poles and then string a mosquito bar around the tarp. Sleeps 4. Used shelter half poles to hold the hatch open. Camo paint and sealer, lasted about 5 years. We built 10 on one drill weekend. You could also lift them out if you needed the open trailer.

Looks like a M105 trailer to me. The top portion is (I think) a lube unit. They are old. They were designed to be pulled by the 2 1/2 tons trucks. Check out http://www.govliquidation.com/ to see if you can buy one at auction.

The frame and axle look the same as my m101 3/4 ton trailer, with a different bed. The axle, d-rings, and 2" wide springs are from the m101 series. The m101's were made to pull behind a 3/4 ton truck, I.E. Power Wagon. We had several we used with our Hummers. I have one with a normal bed, and it pulls fine behind my heep. The only concern is they don't have trailer brakes. They only come with a parking brake. If you can find one, it would be a cool trailer. If not, build one on a pickup frame.

Yea, the wheels alone say 'I'm not a quarter ton trailer'....

Back