• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OLDER YEAR ARB BUMPER FIT ON A NEWER YEAR CHEROKEE

C85D4x4

NAXJA Member #1311
Im buying a new xj,
and i was wondering if anyone can tell me if my ARB bull bar bumper off of my 93 xj would fit on a 97 cherokee or newer ?

I know that the bumper was made for 84-96 cherokees,

and there was another bumper made for 97-01 cherokees

So, why wouldnt my ARB bumper work on a 97 or up?

Does it mount differently?

Or does it look funny?

Or should i suck it up and buy a 96 xj?

thanks guys,
Chris

Anything can be made it fit if you spend the time.

With the body change, so did the front end of the jeep. 97 bumper had pieces that went around the sides toward the front tire. If you remove the 97 bumper, it removes a lot from the front.

On the 96 and older, the steel of the fender went down lower.

There may be frame mounting differences that I don't know about but with a drill and welder, ANYTHING can be made to fit.

Or you could just sell it to me and get you a 97 model :D

keep that bumper. the only difference is the sides of the bumper. the early model ones dont go as far back as the late model ones. arb tried to match the body lines on the 97 + model bumper and in doing so, effectively created less tire clearance. i was going to buy a pre-97 bumper for my 97 xj because they have more clearance. other than that, they bolt up the exact same.

Thanks guys!

SpartanToJo said:
I can verify that. I pulled my ARB Bull Bar from my '93 XJ and mounted it to my '99. No problems, and no tire rubbing issues.

Hey Spartan, do you have a pic of ur jeep?
Im just wondering what it looks like

thanks Chris

Here's a pic where you can see the Bull Bar. It was taken at Camp Jeep last summer.

vbpgimage.php

Back