• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

acos

best way to achieve desired height up front?

• adjustable coil spacers

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • poly spacers

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • full height springs

Votes: 48 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thompson97

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone had any experience with these adjustable coil spacers? they look pretty straight forward and trouble free to me, but i seem to be prone to falling for trick products and their sneaky advertising. i don't have quite enough experience with this stuff yet, i guess. i'm trying to figure out if the adjustablilty is worth the expence. any opinions welcome.

how do these things install. i know you have to cut the stock bumpstops off, but how are the acos attatched to the body after this has been done? thanks

Well I got a set from ORGS and I love them. They help you grow easier and they look cool. Depending on what year your XJ is but i just unscrewed my bumpstop. no there not cheap but i think they are worth it.

I fell for them because of how they said they would work and also they claimed ease of adjustability for leveling out your Jeep; and they were absolutely right!
biggthumpup.gif

I sure like mine.
You don't cut off the entire bumpstop tower. You shorten it, and the ACOS install over the top of the remaining tower. It's a strong set-up.

wow. pretty unanimous. i think i'll give em a shot. hey mark, hook it up;) ! anyway thanks for the input.

BTW: i couldn't find a cherokee install out there anywhere. did i miss something, or should i take some pics and do a write up?

Mark Hinkley said:
I voted,

but I'm bias.

mark
formerly orgs mfg

I prefer warehouse discount plumbing parts.
My friend works for NASA and made them for me.
I trust them on my Lear 23C as well as my Jeep.
Hasta.

you just missed it man, if you had been on here a couple days before you could have got as many as you wanted for only $100 a pair, they looked sweet too. sorry you missed it.

Jump This said:
The things people do when they don't know how to weld!!
Although I kinda like innovative thaught....that adjustable spring spacer looks scary@@

should have seen how tore up he got the other day for posting those for sale

I voted for all three :) I've used a combo of lift coils, poly spacers, and extra Jeep coil isolators to set ride height.

The ACOS I have no experience with, but after seeing them in person on several rigs & holding a set in my hands, I want a pair as part of my next XJ lift.

woody said:
I voted for all three :) I've used a combo of lift coils, poly spacers, and extra Jeep coil isolators to set ride height.

The ACOS I have no experience with, but after seeing them in person on several rigs & holding a set in my hands, I want a pair as part of my next XJ lift.

One of my sons friends just put them on all 4 corners of his Jetta after putting in shorter springs. I can't believe that something that light would be safe on a suspension system. Just don't *feel right* to me, too friggin light....not much heavier than a full can of fosters... I like the idea though.

RichP said:
One of my sons friends just put them on all 4 corners of his Jetta after putting in shorter springs. I can't believe that something that light would be safe on a suspension system. Just don't *feel right* to me, too friggin light....not much heavier than a full can of fosters... I like the idea though.
My aluminum skidplates didn't "feel right" to me either, but they have supported the weight of my jeep many times over without any damage other than the occasional groove. Billet aluminum is damn strong. And technically ACOS sit "between" your body and suspension system. :greensmok
Buck :canada:

They're awesome. Especially cool when your springs start to sag or you notice your Jeep is now leaning to the passenger side due to torque-over. Takes about 5 minutes to level it out...

Just installed some today (ACOS, not rinkydink plumbing supplies like above). I adjusted the height three times before I was happy, but it feels good knowing that I can adjust the ride height any time I see fit.

Easy install and a quality product.

Josh

i'm down to try the homemade one what's the worst that could happen? one gives out in an off camber situation and causes a dratamatic rollover with severe rig damage and personal head trauma, at least i'd have a good story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back