• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab 2013 planning...Fri night dinner

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Would the SoCal chapter be willing to take on organizing and putting on the Fri night dinner in Moab?

We are planning to have it catered, so no cooking is involved. There is a good possibility of having the food prepared by City Market, and we pick it up and serve it. Or, we shop for a caterer. The caterer would be more expensive but a little less work. Jump This Rick and Bonnie did the dinner last time, and Rick is willing to help out organizing and arranging for the food, but he can't commit to being there yet. We would need a group of people to do the leg work of setting up the room, setting up and serving the food, cleaning up afterwards, etc. Someone from SoCal organized and cooked the dinner in both the 20th and 25th events with lots of help from SoCal folks, so would you all agree to do it again?

So, who plans to be there and will you help Fri night with the dinner?

I'm not really interested in the planning end of it, but you can count on me to set up tables, chairs, etc. and help take down afterwards.

So, are you guys and gals up for this or what? There is plenty of time to make the arrangements and get things organized, but we need to know that you chapter folks who are going are willing and committed to be responsible for this. We'll also need a lead person. :)

I'm willing to put in some long hours in Moab if someone else does the planning.

If nobody else will plan I'll do it but personally I'd rather somebody who has run a big dinner do the planning. If I have to do it I'm going to force Rick to help me plan.

If nobody else will plan I'll do it but personally I'd rather somebody who has run a big dinner do the planning. If I have to do it I'm going to force Rick to help me plan.

Rick already said he'd help planning and making food arrangements. In fact, he's already done some leg work based on what they shopped around for 5 years ago. We can actually plan a menu and order all the food from City Market's catering division, then pick it up and serve it. This is a little more work, but less money than simply hiring a caterer. Rick has already talked to them and has some ideas. If you want, talk to him before you commit.

The plan is to have EVERYTHING ordered and ready to be picked up.
It really shouldn't be too difficult. Since I can not committ to being there just yet, it would be best if I had a coordinator ready to organize a work crew to
serve. No cooking this time! :D
You can PM me or just reply in this thread.
I sure hope to make it, but with a wedding in Michigan not long before the event, I just can't say I will be there, then find out I can't be there.

Not sure If I will be there yet....waiting to see if the budget and work will cooperate. If I am and you don't mind having someone from Wyoming helping I'll jump in and lend a hand.

Well then I guess I'll take the chair role.

I will make it a point to abuse Cal as much as possible. I will also call Rick all sorts of unpleasant names.

Well, I didn't stipulate that I won't take orders from a jerk, I guess I'm good with this.

Bring on the soup!

It looks like I'm hitching a ride out there with OceanJet (Mike Foster) and 3 or 4 of his friends. We'll be carpooling in his tow rig, towing his Jeep, so I know that at least I, and probably another person or two, will be looking for spare seats to ride in during the day... (hint, hint). I'd love to take my rig, but that's a long haul and I couldn't afford gas AND expenses on my own.

That being said, we're going to be there in plenty of time, and will be there Tues thru Sat. So I'll help with the setup, etc.

Richard, it sounds like the SoCal Chapter is a "GO", and you have some current & previous BOD folks and "consultants" on board, so you're good to go!!

And Rick, thank you, as always, for being such a great meal organizer!

You said City Market. Do they actually do catering or will you still have to prepare it? Is there any catering companies in town?

We can pick up the food from them ready to go, we just need to serve it. Rick found out the last time that they were more reasonable than any of the places that actually do catering. In fact, I think he used them for one dish the last time.

Big thanks to you SoCal folks.

Should be a fun time. :)

Back