NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter > Colorado Trip Reports
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Trip Reports A place to post up details after an adventure.

Old July 10th, 2010, 19:02
NAXJA Forum User

Bill Moore Lake / Mill Creek Report 07-10-10

The trails are definitely still the same, some areas look a little more rutted out than before specially the beginning of Bill Moore from Empire side. Running Mill Creek Clock wise was a lot more fun than counter clockwise.

It is always nice to run a trail with XJboy, pleasure as usual, glad your new shite works and you went every where we did even without lockers.

Nice to meet new faces too, pleasure to meet J9 & Zith and glad you could come along, hope you enjoyed the run!

It is always fun to ride along with the whole family, Oreo breaks and poo poo emergencies stops!

I found that I have some more tweaks and noise tracing down, and found out even with 4.56 gears, 33's and three adults, two kids, and a bunch of gear still do not go up the hill very fast.

Pictures coming soon..........
Old July 10th, 2010, 21:05
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Bill Moore Lake / Mill Creek Report 07-10-10

I put up some pictures, problem is i never got chance to really take action shots. Either busy with kid related probs or it was friggin raining.

Here is where my gallery is; http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/p...k%20July%2010/

Some Highlights;

"Oh so you think you are going to take a picture of us huh? GOTCHA back!!"

Groups throughout the day meeting, prepping, eating, checking out the scene, being silly, etc.

There was a roof leak at the Empire Hilton so I sent my boy up top to see where it was leaking.

Teaching my boy how to check the air on the tires.

Various Scenic Pics.

It was a very tiring day.

Old July 10th, 2010, 21:19
NAXJA Member

Looks like an awesome day Matt! Don't worry about slowing down to family speed. Soon enough, you'll be pressed to keep up with them.
Old July 10th, 2010, 21:34
NAXJA Member

Matt, great meeting you and the family. Thanks again for letting me tag along, fun day. It was nice to finally make it to the lake!
Old July 10th, 2010, 22:22
NAXJA Forum User

Good day as usual guys. Glad all went well with my heep. I was worried, but all went well. Now I just got to chase down that fourth noise, and weld up my stiffners. Today I realized the heep is getting really soft and creaky.
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:23
NAXJA Member

I really enjoyed the day. Thanks for setting up the run! The scenery up there was great. It was nice meeting everyone.

I didn't get many 'action' shots, but did get a bunch of the views. Here's a link to my album:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0Mill%20Creek/