• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures from the Lucerne Race (Sept 12 09)

1xfloppy

NAXJA Forum User
Had a blast was good meeting some of you out there! Here are the pics i took...

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Pics look good cory!!! I had fun yesterday, thanks Dan for letting me tag along! Tony like always and the kaveman group for putting on a show.

Also, Tom Fletcher, sorry I wasn't able to connect with you out there, I left my phone in the truck the whole day because of the race seats I was sitting in hahaha, I'll give you a jingle in a bit. And Jeff, sorry I didn't get back to you about going, I know you're still probably at Papi and Harriets hung over hahaha.

Great pics Cory!! I like the one of 990 flying over that jump.
Hope you don't mind...I'm gonna ad my pics to this thread.

MORE good times in the desert. Cool to see everyone out there. We must have had 6 to 8 XJ's out at our remote pit. I can't remember all your names but I know there was Tony, Cory, Jimbo, Dan Turner, Ryan and Gary Nixon along with his other buddies.

Here are pics of tech on Friday

Or hungover for that matter... I was worried about Curt!!

Last edited:
Ya Jim it was time to cut it off. Now I'm just a wolf in sheeps clothing :D
Sorry I wasn't very lively during the race...but you guys shoulda seen me the night before. Jim those are SUNSET pics from Friday night before tech closed. That's about when I started slamming the vodka and Clamato. Gary I apologize to you and your friends for any inappropriate conduct on my part. Some of that night is a blur but I remember laughing at anything, watching you guys shoot off fireworks, seeing that huge tarantula and driving on the course to get to the spot we camped at. Man I had the Baja XJ bouncing like a pogo stick on the course. That must explain the Clamato all over my headliner :D

Here are some more pics of the other racers.

And the 990 car of Kaveman Motorsports. They finally gave us chase guys a boring race.

welllll??? how did the link setup feel? Jim? you rode in it right? DETAILS! I MUST HAVE DETAILS!

looks like you all had a great time! thanks for the pics so webwheelers like me can enjoy it too!

Good hanging with you guys as always! Good meeting those who I had not met before. Here is some of my pics
MORE250Sept12009.jpg

MORE250Sept12020.jpg

MORE250Sept12015.jpg

DROOP
MORE250Sept12025.jpg

MORE250Sept12035.jpg

MORE250Sept12023.jpg

MORE250Sept12021.jpg

MORE250Sept12013.jpg

Clive just announced that #1708 Eric Helgeson beat #1714 Ray Griffith by 8 seconds for the closest ever Jeepspeed race!!

Tony Sato (currie designer and head fabricator) and I were chasing for the 1708 Eric Helgison jeep. It was the most exciting JS race i have ever watched. Great job Eric and co-dog Mike!

The JK we were in worked like poo but its the first time it was in the dirt with the kings on it. good times!

welllll??? how did the link setup feel? Jim? you rode in it right? DETAILS! I MUST HAVE DETAILS!

looks like you all had a great time! thanks for the pics so webwheelers like me can enjoy it too!
Duuuuuude... it feels AMAZING. It made the front end not even matter. The only time the front ever fell behind was when you would dive into a wall of dirt, like popping up out of a crevice or ditch. Any other time it just did it's own thing while the back took up all the slack. With a little more tuning that rear will be PERFECT.

Back