• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My CB install.

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
After using a Cobra 75WXST for a little over a year I got the urge to move up to something with more bells and whistles. I found a Cobra NightWatch 29 WX NW ST on Ebay for a decent price.

I wasn’t too fond of the idea of mounting it on the console, under the passenger side dash, or onto the overhead console. I really had only one option…in-dash.

The first step was to use a Dremel to remove the areas indicated by the yellow arrows.
wa22aa.jpg

Because the material that was removed leaves 2 two large holes into the HVAC duct, I had to seal them off with a few small pieces of sheet metal. Although this pic doesn’t show it, I did add some high-temp RTV to seal everything up.
29gg7x5.jpg

After fabricating a panel to hold the CD Player and the CB I applied a little rattle can finish to it and…..
Viola’!
2r41lcw.jpg

Not perfect, definitely room for improvement, but the CB is now an indash unit and not taking up valuable leg room.

Very nice, I looked into do this originally when I got my CB, but I took the easy route. Looks good, do you have an external speaker?

I figured. The internal speaker will just get drown out in there. I'd like to see the speaker mounted after you get it done.

Loved the write up on the fenders, seems you make a habit out of this high quality shite! Good work.

Thanks for posting this Frank!

Back