• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor Freight Baby!!!!

dspilot

NAXJA Forum User
Went to HF today and got me an angle grinder (9 bucks-gotta love chinese junk).......Look out fenders, here I come.

Anybody got any last minute advice.........speak now or forever hold your piece.:farmer:

Yeehaw.....post #100

only suggestion is that when the harbor freight one brakes, go to home depot or lowes and get a $25 4" ryobi grinder. Mine has been worked hard and used for cutting bricks, tiles, and all sorts of fence and vehicle crap, my brother borrows it (steals it for tile jobs since his fancy one is to big to one hand finese cut with) it has some serious hours on it. No even a hic cup yet. I thought i was cheap buying a $26 dollar one, your one stingy SOB

only other suggestion is wear a face shield, and dont wear a cotton poly blend shirt or you might half burn your left niple off, dont ask me how i know.

Ryobi is made in Taiwan, and QC'd here. That makes it marginally better than mainland Chinese anything (save, possibly, food.) Delta is made in Taiwan/QC'd here, or possibly made in Japan, I don't recall.

I highly suggest a button-up shirt (of whatever variety) when doing big grinding jobs - makes it easier to shuck it in a hurry if you catch yourself on fire (don't ask how I know - you've probably already figured it out anyhow...)

SKIM said:
My sugestion is go back to HF and get the air nibbler I used it when cutting mine it works great and very easyto use and way faster than a cut off wheel and a super clean job after words.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46061

I second the HF air nibbler. I promise that your fenders wont look like they got in a fight with a meat grinder.

my fenders:
dscf00159ni.jpg

-jm

I've had a HF angle grinder that I beat the crap out of for 3 years (even cut up a car with it) before it finally died. for the $$ its hard to beat them. hope ur fenders turn out good.

Tom

ive had one angle grinder catch on fire, at about one minute total usage. one lasted about ten minutes, and then the chuck and entire pinion flew out and rolled a good distance, (dangerous)... ive had about 6 of them, only one lasted worth the 10 bucks i paid for it. my ryobe has some major use, and am very happy with it. I will NEVER buy a harbour freight electric anything again

Back