• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6/12 - Looking to put together a run....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so my sister, bro in-law and nephews from Florida are staying with my folks in Estes Park and they want to go along for some 'wheeling this Saturday 6/12.

I'm considering Spring Creek as it's a fun, moderate trail not to far from them or me. But the nephews are 5 & 7 and I don't know if they'll last long on a real bumpy, slow moving trail.

I'm also considering maybe the T-33 Crash Site and Coney Flats as the kids would probably kinda dig seeing the crash and running the water crossings......

The other issue is that with me along, that puts 5 of us in my '97 XJ..... kinda tight.

The nephews like the Truggy and I figure they'd enjoy a few turns getting a ride in it.

Regardless of which trail(s) we do, I have a bit of a logistical dilemma getting TWO rigs to the trail head.....

First: Who's interested in joining us for this run?

Second: Anyone interested in driving the '97 up to the trail head and then possibly doing some 'wheeling in it if my Sister/Bro in-law don't want to be the driver? If they wanna drive, you'd probably end up riding in one of my rigs, or maybe with someone else that comes up for the run..... :dunno:

Troy since I won't have bushings for the trackbar on my rig and I still want to go wheelin I could drive the 97 if you would like!

Coney Flats trail probable won't open till June 17.

Thanks Rick - I didn't even consider it'd be closed, but yeah, it goes to 10K-11K feet......

Confirmed with the Boulder District Ranger's office - it'll be closed until the 1st week of July they're predicting. I imagine the water level is high and fast too.

I guess it'll be Spring Creek then.

Keifer, I'll put you 2nd in line - I got with a buddy at work that had been asking to go along sometime - he's gonna let me know tonight at work if he can make it.

If you want to head up with us, we are meeting at 9am at the Denver west best buy.

Who's "us" and "we"? :laugh3:

I'm meeting family members in Downieville at the Starbucks about that time.

Troy,
Is that a trail I could run on 31's? (I think so, never done it though)

If so I'm in. Along with a TJ!

J

Yes, you can run it on 31's but strongly advised that you have rocker, t-case and gas tank skids. You will likely smack something. Glacialbass ran his gheywinkle rig (3" and 31's limited slip) just fine with good lines being spotted. I ran my black '96 (3" and 31's rear locked) and had to smack the rock rails just a couple times.

It's not a killer of a trail, just gotta be smart with your lines - particularly in the rock garden. The farther right you stay, the easier the route.

So do you mean this isn't the smart line?
v8309f.jpg

6fttdt.jpg

24v4p69.jpg

vhf8dz.jpg

29xas9h.jpg

I am a definite maybe... I am waiting to hear back from my electrician to see if I can reschedule my 220 upgrade.:phone:

Yes, you can run it on 31's but strongly advised that you have rocker, t-case and gas tank skids. You will likely smack something. Glacialbass ran his gheywinkle rig (3" and 31's limited slip) just fine with good lines being spotted. I ran my black '96 (3" and 31's rear locked) and had to smack the rock rails just a couple times.

It's not a killer of a trail, just gotta be smart with your lines - particularly in the rock garden. The farther right you stay, the easier the route.

I don't mind taking the Easy way out, and obviously I have a Winch, and Sliders, not so many skids but I'm sure you can help me through! What time you thinking about leaving? Might have a TJ on 31's come too.

Back