• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Hahaha, yeah definitely not left or right. I'd prefer anarchy over this mockery of so called democracy. I'd personally love to see the federal government abolished and states maintain all their own power. Two party system is a joke. Proff is our circus with the current POTUS. But topic for a different day.

Just saying cops stereotype which perpetatues violence. Dont get me wrong, if people don't want to stereotyped than dont fit the stereotype. But what did the guy do that he needed to be pinned down? Was he high on pcp? Was he non compliant? Nope just had a skin color that fit a stereotype.

Cops have double standards, look at the Aurora pd dude who passed out in his cruiser. He gets a free pass, pretty sure still on the force. I got a dwai for .06 all because I got pulled over for not having a front plate.

Again people say cops are dicks and blacks cause crime blah blah list goes on....dont want to be stereotyped than dont perpetuate it. Problem is one person is a citizen other is a sworn officer who took an oath to protect citizens.

Do I get why people are pissed, hell ya. Do I get why they are roiting, yep. Do I agree with it, nope. Cops have a crap job, but it's what they signed up for. Cant really choose to be "insert sterotype here" but yes you can choose to not perpute whatever stereotypes surround it. Some people are still closed minded so it becomes the viscous circle. Violence begets violence.

Saying that it was skin color that fits a stereo type implies you know the motive was racial... this is what doesn't exist as evidence. The only thing one can say here is the officer used excessive force and his partners didn't help him pump the brakes either. But it is an assumption that race had any factor in this and that is the why the protest in the name of racially motivated police violence against black people for the George Floyd murder is not a valid point ... infact almost every riot for this same reason has been based around something that wasn't.

The riots don't help ones image ;-)

I wonder what gentle George's rap sheet looks like from Texas... did I say rap sheet ... yes I did and it's very long and violent ;-)

Wtf do you know about being a black male in America? Seriously, you don’t neither do I. Because we are not. Just because you don’t see any racism in this country doesn’t mean it isn’t there. The whole point of the protests is for people to listen and open up to things they didn’t think were happening (still).

Lol far left? Because I side with humanity? Na man... both parties are crooked af, but that comes with being a politician in America. I hunt, love my guns, want the poor to get help- but not leech off the working class. I’m for equality. Age race sex orientation I don’t care... if that means I’m liberal- so be it.

DEFINITELY don’t support the egotistical clown using military to disperse peaceful protesting, a constitutional right.

I wonder what gentle George's rap sheet looks like from Texas... did I say rap sheet ... yes I did and it's very long and violent ;-)

The double standard here is ridiculous. So you're saying that a citizen has to be held to a higher standard than an officer who took an oath to protect and serve? If anything the officer needs to be held to a higher standard of "ethics". If you had as many complaints and issues in your current job would you still be employed? Probably not, but yet how often are officers allowed to keep their job after an investigation of not only wrong doing but causing unnecessary physical harm? Almost always until people take to the streets and cause a ruckus.

Beyond looking at past history of both individuals simply looking at the current event. Was the amount force necessary, no. Did the office protect and serve, no. Did he kill someone, yes. Did any of his fellow officers do anything to stop it, no. Was it racial profiling, maybe, maybe not. Cops aren't above the law, they need to held to the same if not higher standard than a citizen. If they didn't want a riot then the department should have acted swiftly with the same way the treat citizens. Guilty until proven innocent. No paid leave, no special treatment.

I'm not trying to focus on the race, creed, color, religion or saying cops are bad. Simply the double standard in the current judicial system and the systematic oppression of citizens.

Who cares about his rap sheet? So he deserves to die? Give me a break... the autopsy? Who cares. The unarmed man was killed. Plain and simple. He was beyond detained even if resisting, he gave up long before the 8 minutes of “I can’t breathe”. Looking for evidence on why it wasn’t racist, or how he “actually died”, or how he was a “bad guy”, or why the protests aren’t valid.... is exactly why the protests need to happen. Change needs to happen.

Not trying to call you out, as change starts with me. And what I do. And how I raise my kids.

This is not ok. We all need to learn and better ourselves and country. Point blank, the end.

Who cares about his rap sheet? So he deserves to die? Give me a break... the autopsy? Who cares. The unarmed man was killed. Plain and simple. He was beyond detained even if resisting, he gave up long before the 8 minutes of “I can’t breathe”. Looking for evidence on why it wasn’t racist, or how he “actually died”, or how he was a “bad guy”, or why the protests aren’t valid.... is exactly why the protests need to happen. Change needs to happen.

Not trying to call you out, as change starts with me. And what I do. And how I raise my kids.

This is not ok. We all need to learn and better ourselves and country. Point blank, the end.

Rap sheet matters because we still don't know how gentlemen George got on the ground... you have a man who held a woman hostage at gun point while robbing her house in Texas and hrs being painted as a gentle giant ... yes the officer should have backed off and no one is saying the force wasn't excessive but clearly there is more to this story than meets the public eye at this point point.

Laws in America apply equally to black and white so it doesn't matter what my skin color is so going down the liberal sjw approach of " I don't know what it's like to be Black on Anerica" doesn't wash here.

And you still haven't answered the question of how the use if excessive force is racist... you ate assuming racism exists because gentle George was black and the officer white...lol... that doesn't make for racism .

I'm inclined to believe Gentle George Floyd was questioned by the police and got rowdy and just like anyone who does this white or black he got put on the ground and was restrained. At this point yes the excessive force killed the man but possibly assume the potential accountability for how gentle George Floyd got into the position ;-)

You have already assumed the officer a racist because he's white and George Floyd Black... your kids will need a better teacher than this if you are implying you're going to raise them not to be racist . I haven't assumed anything based on color I wasn't raised as such I'm just looking at the situation for what happened between two men and the possible facts around it.

Last edited:

Don’t put words into my mouth boss... never said anyone is this or that... the inequality in America is real.

Just because you don’t see racism doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

You are right. The man who killed him may not have been racially motivated. Had it been white on white, outrage would be present- but since it was white on black AGAIN and again and again- it has to stop. We have to acknowledge that there is a problem. And make positive changes to grow as humans.

Your whole tone is just off. I like to be right, but these are the times for listening- and hearing others point of view. To change we all must hold ourselves accountable first.

Gentle giant? Why even go there? Don’t act like it isn’t a jab- on a man who is now dead. What’s the point? What do you know about his priors? You were there? Did he have a fair chance then, or was it the cops excessive force, through excessive charges? You don’t know. So why talk about stuff you don’t know? Keep trying to justify it man.... THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Those who simply refuse to see, can’t possibly look at anything for what it is.

People rise up when a white guy gets needlessly killed by the police too... only difference is it’s much farther and fewer between. That’s just the facts

Last edited:

No need to ever mention my kids in a reply sir. Thanks.

You don't hate ALL cops Mazen........ Love ya brutha! :wave:

Been a cop for 30 years now. Used to be the best job ever. Hate it with a passion now. Can't wait to retire. God bless those that will attempt to do the job today into the future.

Been a cop for 30 years now. Used to be the best job ever. Hate it with a passion now. Can't wait to retire. God bless those that will attempt to do the job today into the future.

THANK YOU for YOUR service, sincerely!

Growing up in ALB NM, I always wanted to be a cop- ya know Mr justice and make the city better... grew up and sadly realized the scene was so crazy and dangerous that I’d be in a fight for my life everyday. I know I’d have to use lethal force on the sketchy drug users and dealers, gangs and Mexican mafia.... that it’s “only” a job, and I want to come home to my family, lest be killed in the line of duty. When Officer Banner (RIP he was a great neighbor and member of the community on top of a very fair PO) was shot and killed at the public library in Rio Rancho NM; I not only gave up the dream to wear the badge but also vowed to move my kids far away from such a lawless violent place.

The job isn’t for me- because I can’t control my impulses/ reflexes... and would surely make the news. I don’t judge people because I know my place, and circumstances I don’t know are always in play. I don’t envy the role, but as a citizen I HAVE to question the brutality some have delivered.

Don’t want my thanks to get lost in the mix there... just like the army, I couldn’t do it, and I thank you for putting your life on the line for the community Yella; you are appreciated.

Last edited:

HAHA, was waiting on you to mosey on through. Your love of jeeps trumps your occupation! jk. You're alright in my book.

I don't hate cops or go out of my way to bash on them. I just haven't had any good working interactions with them. On both sides. Like I said they have crap job. Day in and day out people $h*t on you, it's a thankless job really. Not to mention the politics that get thrown into it. There is definitely a difference for those working on the beat verses some the rest. Also think there are some counties that everyone of them are just pricks. Littleton, Cough jeffco......

My frustration with the current judicial system is three parts, one prosecution of victimless crimes, speeding is not a crime, running a red light is not a crime, jaywalking is not a crime. All those are are money grabs. Second, is the double standard in wrong doings. I feel as a citizen you are guilt until proven innocent and vis versa if you are an officer. More often than not just does not seem to be equatable punishment for crimes between the two. Lastly, is profiting for incarceration of petty crimes. For profit prison system need to go away and petty crime offenders don't need to be locked up.

Just how do you justify that...
speeding is not a crime, running a red light is not a crime, jaywalking is not a crime

All are against the law because it exposes someone to injury or death. Next are you going to say that driving drunk isn't a crime?

The way it works is that just because you don't like a law, doesn't mean you don't have to obey it. If you don't like a law, convince enough others to help you have it repealed. That is how MJ got legalized. It took a while but it happened.

Just for reference, I was almost killed by someone who was speeding and ran a red light. I spent weeks in the hospital. So much for victimless crime.

No need to ever mention my kids in a reply sir. Thanks.

You brought up your kids when mentioning how you were going to raise them in your rant about society and racism... and i simply pointed out you have assumed racism pre-sent in the Floyd case simply due to the colors of the two men thus he'll be getting a lesson from a bias teacher... so if you don't want your words used then don't use them ...lol... I mean I wouldn't even know you had kids if you didn't say so .

I don't think most of the recent police encounters that resulted in a death were racially motivated and most weren't the officers fault they were the fault of the person who got shot . If I go out and get pulled over by A cop for something as simple as expired tags and I do as most of these people have I'm most likely Going to be shot because fighting with the police especially if you pose a physical threat is going to get you shot because its self defense of officer.

My view point on most of these cases is that Black culture is mostly kids raised by irresponsible single parents who are irresponsible kids . There isn't any responsibility or accountability in that culture.

Instead of blaming those outsude of this black culture for the issues ...maybe look to change that culture.

The riots themselves highlight a lot of the mindset in black culture... when was the last time you watched a city destroyed by non persons of color mass rioting...you haven't and that's a difference in culture.

Not bashing you not hating on you...lol... clearly we have a different perspective on things. I don't mind a level headed debate ... hope to see you on the trails this summer.

anyone have any input on moab in july. Ive never been and might make a trip out that way with my bro and his tacoma. nothing crazy just enjoying the sights. I know little of the area but Im a camp off the beaten path kinda guy, is this easily done there?

1-tonXj,

I know what you meant man, you dont have to spell it out. I still stand by my response, absolutely no need to go there. If you cant make a point without going after my fatherdom, gotta ask yourself, why?

I too am up for debate and learning others points of view regardless of if they align with mine or not.

AMERICAN culture needs to change. Listening, accepting, learning, growing... And im in man. You sound like you could do some aswell referencing "black culture" and it lacking responsibility or accountability.. Step back and look at that... I mean I dont want to call it racist... Bias sure... Discriminating?? Like how you cant say white culture is- dirty south banjo players missing teeth drinking rum and living off welfare right? So how can you sum up black culture like that?

That certainly is not kkk racial hate... But its something bro.

Systemic rascism (or systemic oppression)? Ever heard of it?

Sure, its being brought up more now under the circumstances, but its always been there. After slavery was abolished, projects were introduced. In my humble opinion and observation Ive found poverty begets crime, begets drugs, and violence jail etc. Ill be happy to share aome videos of how this has kept the black populatuon oppressed.. Or you can pop in a Tupac CD. ;)

But anyway man... Im here to make jeeping friends, even if we dont align in all things we can agree with the love of jeeping and all the value it brings to our lives. Even better to make friends with one of ya that have a tube bender and a willingness to bend for beer!!! Lmao but seriously, no harm done here, good chat- cheers bro

Last edited:

anyone have any input on moab in july. Ive never been and might make a trip out that way with my bro and his tacoma. nothing crazy just enjoying the sights. I know little of the area but Im a camp off the beaten path kinda guy, is this easily done there?

Very hot and dry, if you don't like heat go in spring or fall. Plenty of places to camp, search BLM campgrouds there.

Finally! A topic I care to join in on...

I'm temporarily in Cheyenne while Little Dirty is away. There is a tube bender in the garage, but I don't know how to use it. lol

PS: I was good seeing a few 'advanced' members post in here the last few days. We just need to see Mr.T, Chris, Mike, Fred, Ira or Planefixer and it would be a party!

Back