• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4 question

If you actually thrashed the output shaft then yes there is a snap ring that holds the shaft on the rear planetary gear and sprag. Once you get it off the shaft slides out. Better off getting a used aw4. I just rebuilt mine and if you mess something up like I did you won't have a overdrive that works lol or you can tear seals really easy if it's your first time rebuilding.

If you want to give it a shot the aw4 manual is online so you can see how to get to it. Good luck bud.

That's what I thought. I twisted it clean off. Maybe I should just go 23 spline so it doesn't happen again. Thanks

Aw bummer sorry to hear that. Yeah that would be a good upgrade in the future you can get a spare just to get going again and then just maybe make a project out of it if you have time. The aw4 is not that hard to tear down it's really the putting everything back right. I'm not super organized so I knew I had something coming. Good luck also ebay has spare shafts for like 50 bucks ish.

Back