• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pritchett Canyon

Here are some pictures from last May. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v654/wildman4x4nut/Moab 2008/Pritchett Canyon/?start=0
We even got this guy through it with some winching.
IMGP2064.jpg

Handlebars said:
What kind of shape is this trail in? Who has recent pictures or experience on this one? I have no interest in subjecting my Jeep to it but would be willing to exchange photos for a ride with somebody on Wednesday. :)
You know Alex, my experience with Pritchett has always been that its bark is way worse than its bite. You have plenty of experience and a well set up Jeep.

Just run it, you won't be disapointed.

Agreed. You can make Pritchett as hard as you want it. If the goal is to run it and have fun,taking a strap or winch if needed, then your rig should do just fine. If the goal is to take every hard line, unassisted and not give up until you either make the obstacle or break........then you will be able to do this as well. :)

Wow, that has changed since the last time I ran it.
Exactly... and my Jeep is still set up the same.

I last ran that trail in 2001 and it scared the crap outta me. I put my first really good dents on my Cherokee there, one from a rock and another from Matt Wheel Drive on Rocker Knocker. Granted, that was one of the first Moab trails I had ever run and I like to think my driving has gotten better. None of us had ever been on that trail before and there was a bit of trial and error in figuring out lines on the major obstacles. I just don't want to slow everybody down trying to run it on 33's and TrueTracs with new and bigger obstacles. There were only a couple of XJ's in our group on 35's in 2001, I'll bet that is about the norm for that trail now.
standard.jpg

The small group limit and early departure time do appeal to me though! What do you think, Wayne? I would like to see it again but I don't have anything to prove by driving my own rig. I really don't want to break important drivetrain parts or add any obvious new body damage. Would you recommend against running Pritchett on 33's and limited slips?

Exactly... and my Jeep is still set up the same.

I last ran that trail in 2001 and it scared the crap outta me. I put my first really good dents on my Cherokee there, one from a rock and another from Matt Wheel Drive on Rocker Knocker. Granted, that was one of the first Moab trails I had ever run and I like to think my driving has gotten better. None of us had ever been on that trail before and there was a bit of trial and error in figuring out lines on the major obstacles. I just don't want to slow everybody down trying to run it on 33's and TrueTracs with new and bigger obstacles. There were only a couple of XJ's in our group on 35's in 2001, I'll bet that is about the norm for that trail now.

The small group limit and early departure time do appeal to me though! What do you think, Wayne? I would like to see it again but I don't have anything to prove by driving my own rig. I really don't want to break important drivetrain parts or add any obvious new body damage. Would you recommend against running Pritchett on 33's and limited slips?

I think you could do it, but with limited slips you would most likely need a winch or strap on some of the obstacles. The two obstacles in the pictures I posted above and rocker knocker all have winch anchors to help out. You just need to decide what you want to do, either way I think you'll have fun.

Last edited:
I just ran it last week im on 33 with ARB’s front and rear it was a lot of fun yes the obstcals are somewhat hard if you have front and rear lockers you should do it I didn’t get any body damage and had the time of my life.

Back