• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails.....

I would stay off of any trail with "hammer" in the name. There are others too, but if you wanna try those, you're gas tank aint the biggest problem. :)

I ran clawhammer with no gas tank skid, but maybe I got lucky.....

I'll tell you what. "If" I were to be leading a Clawhammer run I wouldn't want anybody with a plastic tank and no skid. Gasoline baths annoy me. (And I might be taking one tomorrow when I reseat that fuel pump gasket!)

I'll tell you what. "If" I were to be leading a Clawhammer run I wouldn't want anybody with a plastic tank and no skid. Gasoline baths annoy me. (And I might be taking one tomorrow when I reseat that fuel pump gasket!)

i woudlnt mind tackling claw hammer but i have not gastank skid...boo for me!

i woudlnt mind tackling claw hammer but i have not gastank skid...boo for me!

If your sig is correct you've got a '91, that means you have a steel tank.

I'm okay with unprotected steel tanks, just make sure you have a bar of soap and some JB-Kwik on you in case you pierce it.

When steel tanks get flattened they will dent, yeah sometimes they will pop a seam but that's not the majority. When Plastic gets crushed it likes to break more often.

Back