• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Signature Rules Have Changed, Please Read

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
:NAXJA: is very proud to have sponsors that are willing to go above and beyond and keep Naxja running. Out of respect for these paying sponsors, we will no longer permit links to commercial websites selling goods or services unless they are a current Naxja sponsor.

This rule change would take effect on April 15th to allow time for members to be informed and comply.

Updated signature rules are as follows:
  • Signatures shall be setup in your profile, and not manually added to your messages.
  • For commercial participants, signatures shall not contain pricing, plan, sales details etc.
  • Signatures may contain a maximum of four inanimate smilies or one animated smiley.
  • Signatures may include not more than two (2) URLs. URLs may not be to any commercial website selling goods or services unless it is a current Naxja sponsor.
  • The maximum font size used in signatures shall not be more than one size larger than the default font size established by the Forum software for messages.
  • Signatures shall be limited to four (4) lines in length when viewed full screen at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
  • Signatures shall not contain inflammatory statements. Inflammatory comments shall be construed to include, but are not limited to, both attacks upon other participants and comments intended to elicit retaliation or offered as a form of retaliation.
  • Signatures shall not contain images.
Thank you for your understanding,

-Avery

Head Moderator

Wow, really. lol...

There was only one change made. It is the part in red. If you're confused by the rest, those are the same rules that have been in effect for a while now.

Smileys are images. These rules are bogus!

They're a class of images, an exemption from the image rule. You really don't want to see some jackass's crappy photoshop of his Jeep on every post, do you? (Well maybe, as a jackass, you do?)

Isnt this ^^

The same as below?

Just trying to understand....

~ Stump (<< am I not supposed to do this now?)

Where is Grimmy's how to serve a snap flowchart when you need it?

Now i hope i don't break the NEW rules with MY sig.I would hate to renew next month to find out mine is wrong.
S

ngbbs4c79e0ab3f88c.jpg

guess I better get a bunch of my butt buddies to start putting kneepads on for IRO in their signatures or something.

Not as a URL, of course. Gotta obey the letter of the law, here.

Since this is pertaining to signature rules, then, no, they may not post urls to their business - in their signature. If they're not members, they can't have a signature anyways, either.

I'm curious, is this still in effect? It looks like the old forum rules page from vbulletin days is dust in the wind.

committing some serious thread necromancy here, I know.

Let me see if I can tag @Numbers here...

I will take this to the BOD to discuss. Keep in mind with all the changes to the forums it might take a minute to sort out what may and may not make sense.

In the meantime, what would you like to see or not see in the signature rules?

mac 'good things to revisit' gyvr

Hey guys,

These rules will definitely need to be revisited. Right now, members have free reign regarding signatures. Rules can be set up through the admin side of things i believe.

Here comes the gif of a large bouncing pair of....

Not.🤣

Speak of the devil... it was actually your signature that reminded me of this thread :ROFLMAO: it's 11 lines long on my screen, longer than most of the posts I've seen you make. Personally I am a signature line minimalist but I realize some are not.

But it is not my place to set policy or heckle you about it so I figured I'd just bring it back up without being specific, especially once I realized the forum rules had disappeared with vBulletin.

I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides is the limit. But as a contrarian, I must warn you that I will follow Smokey Yunick's lead on signature rule compliance... https://www.carthrottle.com/news/7-hilariously-mad-racing-cheats-were-all-work-smokey-yunick

My sig? If not, disregard.
ETA: You must be talking about Mac's 😄
Mine is the same as, and within the constraints of the previous forum format.

I can't see anyone's sig using the app. There may be a setting I'm not aware of. Double checking, I can't see sigs on my phone when viewing the forum via a browser either.

Last edited:
Since this is pertaining to signature rules, then, no, they may not post urls to their business - in their signature.
Unless they are sponsors.

Back