• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A huge thanks

David Taylor

NAXJA Member #570
I was going to try and list everybody individually but released I would leave somebody out. I think I need to just do a big thank you to everyone. We had great support from our sponsor's for the race. Which was invaluable to our effort. But its the memories of all the people helping out wherever they could, and the fun that was had that really stands out for me. NAXJA
by far had the best crew out there. I can't thank you all enough.

Dave

I'm still overwhelmed by all of the support we got. Yes, a HUGE THANKS to everyone involved.

Thanks to Cal and Mike for the commitment and willingness to spend countless hours and drives to Bakersfield to get the rig ready, to Russ for hours spent to build a new motor, to Grant for driving out from CO and being our excellent pit crew captain, to Jack and Andy and the local guys who spent time in the garage working on the rig, to Scrappy and Rigwerks for all the work they did on the buggy, to Garry Hall for the advice and experience he brought to the team, to Rick and Cal and Steve who were the pit crew captains, to Stephan (and Mark) who spent the entire day on an isolated ridge as our excellent team radio relay, to Steve and his gang for cooking breakfast on Thurs and Fri morning, to Rick and Bonnie for the great food on Thurs night and for the drum of fuel, to Garry for the always good Jambalya on Tues night, to Dave for all the phone conversations about rig and team planning, to Paul and Matt for using their rigs to pre-run, to Kris for being there and thinking of the little things, to Jes and Letterman who drove from the bay area to work on the pit crews and prep, to Rick and Andy and Kevin and Jack and Fred and Robert and Carol and Steve's gang and others that I know I'm forgetting for the help prepping the car and working in the pits and just doing whatever needed to be done. And to Paul for everything he put into this effort and his willingness to sit in the co-dog seat for 90 miles of the most brutal offroad race course ever run.

And thanks to J E Reel Drivelines, Maxxis Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Rigwerks, BajaHID.com, Masterpull, Ruff Stuff Specialties, Discount Motors for the product and support.

The most satisfying thing to me about this whole endevour was hearing from those involved about how much fun they had and how glad they were to be there and be involved. THAT's what made the whole thing worth it.

Next year??? :D

Only limited invites, so we'll see. Don't know that we have the name or following to get us a wildcard invite which means we'd have to run in the qualyfier race. Our selling point is the huge NAXJA involvement and following. I know NAXJA people worked at least two of the six checkpoints and hauled camermen around and we had a notably excellent Team NAXJA crew. We'll just have to wait and see.

Only limited invites, so we'll see. Don't know that we have the name or following to get us a wildcard invite which means we'd have to run in the qualyfier race. Our selling point is the huge NAXJA involvement and following. I know NAXJA people worked at least two of the six checkpoints and hauled camermen around and we had a notably excellent Team NAXJA crew. We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't forget that at least 3 other rigs would not have started or finished without leaning on the NAXJA team.

I know those teams wont forget. =)

The Pancakes ROCKED!

DSC_0171.jpg

I don't know about everyone, but I came home with a load of food left over.
Wtih breakfast covered for three days (pancakes for two and those awsome sausages from Chester) and all the other offered food Bonnie will be cooking from my camp menu for a few more days!

NAXJA in '10!!!

Lets start planning...

:party:

Good news Dave, Garry's in for 2010. He'll take care of the LCQ hill climb in CO., & then you guys can start running together again in September:party:

I'll miss having The Sugar Daddy as my co-pilot, but since it's for the team I'm good with it:wave:

P

Last edited:
I don't think he is gonna do that mountain run after all, you have to drive the same vehicle in the KOH event that you used for that event

Rich, Paul's post was a very funny joke.

Besides, Garry just bought his own buggy.

Yup, I know, Have been talking to him and he was telling me about the mountain run, he also told me his plans for the buggy he is buying

Back