• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Can we get them goin? I know some one in screen printing that can hook us up.
I had a posting about getting some made a while back but no one really gave me the go on them...

multiple reasons why we (Sierra BOD) have not

funds, lack of interest, bod not doing it.

to make it worth while, we need to make 50 or more. We dont have 50 members in the chapter, and half of those have shirts. The chapter has many other things that need to develop before we look at shirts again.

what if I sat with the BOD and discussed this shirt issue? I really want a shirt for myself but as far as I know, I can not get one.

I have a really good connection that would get us some really nice shirts for a great price.
This would not come out of the Chapter Funds, but out of the buyers wallet instead. And it would be available to members only.
I would only need an order of about 10 or so to get it going.

The BOD can still develop the other issues at hand because this wouldn't be an issue the BOD would have to deal with, I will take care of it 100%.

if you guys make some sierra chapter shirts ill become a member and buy a shirt.

Shomsky462 said:
if you guys make some sierra chapter shirts ill become a member and buy a shirt.

Hmm... thats a really good idea.... If the Sierra BOD wanted to make some Sierra Money, they could bump up the price on membership and include a shirt/stickers with membership.

Any Sierra BOD agree with me? I just need the go from you guys and I'll get the project started ASAP.

My brother in law owes me a favor, and he works for branders.com, which does this type of thing.
I could call in that favor and get them at almost cost if that would help.
I would buy a couple if they were made.

Well for the record, I am the one who has been lagging on the t-shirt deal. We already have a chapter logo/design so that is a non-issue. The main issue is pretty much what Scrappy said. Finding someone who will do a small run of shirts for a reasonable price. Seriously, would you guys spend $25 on a t-shirt? There would be a $5 shipping charge for each shirt on top of that unless you made arangements to pick them up presonally. So you guys tell me. Is $30 a shirt too much?

Bryan C. said:
Well for the record, I am the one who has been lagging on the t-shirt deal. We already have a chapter logo/design so that is a non-issue. The main issue is pretty much what Scrappy said. Finding someone who will do a small run of shirts for a reasonable price. Seriously, would you guys spend $25 on a t-shirt? There would be a $5 shipping charge for each shirt on top of that unless you made arangements to pick them up presonally. So you guys tell me. Is $30 a shirt too much?

Whoa whoa whoa... like I said before, I have a really good connection LOCALLY that would get us a good deal on these shirts. I was thinking about 15-20$ at the most for a shirt...

sharpie1k said:
So is that a go on making a new style? I really hate that old circle logo. I could make something more visually appealing. I can make it basic, like 2-5 colors, too.

Go for it! lets see what you can make and then lets vote on it. keep the colors down to about 3 for cost purposes.

Ben H said:
I could call in that favor and get them at almost cost if that would help.

and Ben, if you can get a good deal, then please, get us a quote!

Last edited:
selarep said:
15-20$ ...for a shirt...

I would buy one, or two if there were different colors available

Bryan C. said:

I might consider a $30 shirt if I knew a big chunk of profit was going to the club and not some overpriced silk screener!
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
I might consider a $30 shirt if I knew a big chunk of profit was going to the club and not some overpriced silk screener!
Billy

That was what we were hoping for. Money to benefit the chapter and a land use donation at the end of this year.

NAXJA has a shirt guy that does SUPURB work and we WILL NOT be switching. I want to make that very clear. The business is a supporter of the 4x4 world and does huge things for 4x4 clubs like us. http://calcas1.com/

I have the logos and all the stuff. I have spent time with the guys at the shirt place, they are all designed and ready. But we have kinda agreed that to do it, one of two things may happen. 1. preorder (costing more for each shirt in the lond run) or 2. Me personally putting up 500 bones to get enough shirts to make it worth while. Then the chapter tres (me and whoever is next) pay me back.

So... Shirts are around 15-20 bucks if we can do 50 or so. any less and we are paying 25 or so. To me... the CHAPTER cant afford to do a small run. The only income we get it sticker sales, which is limited due to the fact that most have them, and I dont talk about them. We have like 320 bucks. NAXJA get these shirts made much cheaper than we sell them for obvious reason... we have to make some money too!

If you all seriously think there is enough demand for new shirts, pick a color, we will do a preorder, we will set up a preorder form. Mail those to me and I will take the money and order forms to have the shirts done. There will be no extras in that deal. Or I can toss in a bunch of money and get a ton made and sell them till they are gone.

Scrappy said:
NAXJA has a shirt guy that does SUPURB work and we WILL NOT be switching. I want to make that very clear. The business is a supporter of the 4x4 world and does huge things for 4x4 clubs like us. http://calcas1.com/

I have the logos and all the stuff. I have spent time with the guys at the shirt place, they are all designed and ready. But we have kinda agreed that to do it, one of two things may happen. 1. preorder (costing more for each shirt in the lond run) or 2. Me personally putting up 500 bones to get enough shirts to make it worth while. Then the chapter tres (me and whoever is next) pay me back.

So... Shirts are around 15-20 bucks if we can do 50 or so. any less and we are paying 25 or so. To me... the CHAPTER cant afford to do a small run. The only income we get it sticker sales, which is limited due to the fact that most have them, and I dont talk about them. We have like 320 bucks. NAXJA get these shirts made much cheaper than we sell them for obvious reason... we have to make some money too!

If you all seriously think there is enough demand for new shirts, pick a color, we will do a preorder, we will set up a preorder form. Mail those to me and I will take the money and order forms to have the shirts done. There will be no extras in that deal. Or I can toss in a bunch of money and get a ton made and sell them till they are gone.

Can we please see what the "Pre Designed" shirts are going to look like before we buy them?

Maybe we should establish some way to count all the of the orders...

They will look identical to the old ones. just different colors. We can change them.. its our shirts! We would have to discuss designs.

I dont have the photos on my laptop. orders? go look at the SC member roster and I count 70 SC members. I know some are not in the SC anymore and some are not in NAXJA at all anymore. Plus you add the ones that are more recent. That puts us around 50-60 members. Now only half are active online, thats evident. Some members will buy 2 (like me), some wont buy any. I still think we need to order a minimum of 50 to make it worthwhile. Otherwise we will be paying 30+ a shirt. I wont buy that honestly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back