• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vehicle Permits

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any places local to TSF that I can buy my vehicle permit?

The reason I ask is because I will be entering Oregon Thrusday Night about 10:00pm. I doubt that I will be able to get one that night. Will have to get one Friday morning, but don't want to back track an hour to get a permit.

Thanks

The Browns Camp store is only about 10 minutes away from Browns Camp (thus the name). They sell 'em.

OR guys, do tow 'rigs/vehicles not wheeling/Hans parking for the night' need the decals to camp at Brown's? I imagine because there's a camping fee that they won't need them also...

I can call and find out, just wondering if anyone knew FOR SURE. ;)

ECKSJAY said:
OR guys, do tow 'rigs/vehicles not wheeling/Hans parking for the night' need the decals to camp at Brown's? I imagine because there's a camping fee that they won't need them also...

I believe that as long as u stay on graveled road u r o.k. u might call or check out the Or. state forest web sight (orv section) just to be safe though.

ECKSJAY said:

Phil, only the ORV (Jeep) needs the tag. Tow rig is fine because you are paying the use fee at the campground.

J

I got mine--you got yours?

Went to Hermiston this morning to pick up my permit. It is offically called an "ATV Permit" not an OHV permit. Also, you will need either your insurance card or registration with you as they need to get the VIN number off it.

--Karl

They look kinda like this:

DSC00475.jpg

Also, note the new license plate! :D

-----Matt-----

Those are WAY better than last years' pink ones :) I didn't even bother putting the pink one on my truck, I just stick it in the corner of the windshield when we go to the dunes. hahaha

J

IXNAYXJ said:
They look kinda like this:

DSC00475.jpg

Also, note the new license plate! :D

-----Matt-----

Back