• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hydro-Assist Qs

DirtyMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need it bad. Who'd have thought a full spooled front would make it hard to turn the tires...?

Before anybody reads farther, is there a good writeup on here? I didn't run across one, other than BrettM being el-cheapo.

This is for my D44...

So, as far as ram sizing goes, the norm is to use an 8" stroke? This is plenty? A buddy of mine used a 10" for both of his setups; saying that 8" is not enough for a D44. Thoughts? I'm assuming that a 1.5"-1.75" stroke is near ideal? And as far as a push rod? 1"?

And anybody got a picture of where to drill/tap the box?

Not to be a dick. Wait, I'll be a dick. That's not a how-to. That's a kit. A kit without instructions or a diagram on how to tap the box. A kit that would cost me considerably more than if I peice it together myself seeing as I can get a 1.5x10x1 (IIRC) ram for about $100 and have all the hoses made for very little.

That and they didn't even say what ram it was that they used.

DirtyMJ said:
I need it bad. Who'd have thought a full spooled front would make it hard to turn the tires...?

Before anybody reads farther, is there a good writeup on here? I didn't run across one, other than BrettM being el-cheapo.

This is for my D44...

So, as far as ram sizing goes, the norm is to use an 8" stroke? This is plenty? A buddy of mine used a 10" for both of his setups; saying that 8" is not enough for a D44. Thoughts? I'm assuming that a 1.5"-1.75" stroke is near ideal? And as far as a push rod? 1"?

And anybody got a picture of where to drill/tap the box?

I'll be a dick too, your friend is a moron and 10" is way too much of a strock. I run a 44 and I only used just over 6" of stroke.

Also, that 1.5-1.75 should be the bore not stroke. and yes a 1.5" bore is plenty.

There is plenty of info here if you look for it.
here I will help:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55711&highlight=ram+assist

You have to destroke them, I used a spacer on the inside of the ram to limit the travel.

And that's an absolute necessity? I heard it discussed in BrettM's thread, but it was inconclusive to me if everybody actually did it or not.

I guess I should go measure. I think I should be near 8" stroke with my silly partsmike high-steer setup.

Back