• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ dana 44 rear axle (3.55 gears l/s, hd aftermarket diff cover) in Sacramento,CA

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I have a xj dana 44 rear axle for sale in Sacramento, CA local pick up prefered. No shipping at this time. It has 3.54 gears, stock track lock, and thick heavy duty aftermarket steel diff cover. Comes with everything to bolt it in your XJ including u-bolts and u-bolt plates and big drum brakes all assembled. Bolt this axle in your jeep in a few hours and hit the trails with confidence. I never ran this axle, but I opened up the diff cover and it looks good in there. My cell# if you want to arrange a pick up is (916)396-8841. 1st $425 gets it.
Troy

Last edited:
$425 obo

This is a bolt in to any 84-01' XJ. If I still have this axle in a month then I could bring it down to San Diego with me and meet someone along the way, so that is an option for you SoCal XJ guys out there. :wave:

$375 firm

CA gold plated edition is right 1/3 of it, rare is the other 1/3 of it, and bolt in is the other 1/3. :)
Also to sweeted it up is that I can bring this axle with me down to San Diego if I still have it in a month and meet up with someone along the way.

This is a very good price, this axle goes for up to $600 I've seen. A custom Currie, Dynatrac etc are $2,500+ for a bolt in 44 with the goodies.

Gear it, lock it, run it for under $1K easy if you buy it from me.

Troy

Last edited:
BillR said:
$375 ain't bad at all for an XJ D44. :wave:

Thanks Bill. I know, before I bought mine and sold it etc etc. I heard of stories of them going for $500-600 or so. They are a bolt in factory axle, so that is a big part of the price. Besides buying from pnp and getting it as a generic "cherokee axle" you will lucky to get it for under $400. J&W here in Antelope, CA (biggest Jeep yard in the country) wants $850 for 1 from them. I found 2 in a yard right next to them for $350 and posted up about both of them.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement Bill. :)

Last edited:
Big Red said:
Thanks Bill. I know, before I bought mine and sold it etc etc. I heard of stories of them going for $500-600 or so. They are a bolt in factory axle, so that is a big part of the price. Besides buying from pnp and getting it as a generic "cherokee axle" you will lucky to get it for under $400. J&W here in Antelope, CA (biggest Jeep yard in the country) wants $850 for 1 from them. I found 2 in a yard right next to them for $350 and posted up about both of them.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement Bill. :)

Thats cause it's a Jeep yard, i'll keep pluckin' 'em from pull n save for $50.......... :laugh3:

$375 isn't bad but obo would be better, it should sell, bump for ya.......... :lecture:

Sold it for $375 to a guy with a YJ. He was very happy to get it and was prepared to pay more for 1. I'm sending my other 2 buyers over to 88flexj. If anyone of U need a xj 44, get with Chris (88flexj) in Salida, CA for his.

Troy

I lucked up and found a 3.54 for 225. Had to do some driving but damn well worth it. Pulled the cover, cleaned with brake cleaner,new 75w90 and on she went. No leaks...noises just had to redo the hard lines because the yard had cut the soft line that runs to the divider block. That was fun...espcially when your in Autozone's parkin lot doin it. :)

Back