• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yukon Super Joints

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a set of these along with my Yukon 4340 shafts and they were troublesome to grease. They come with this copper based grease and a funky little silver pump can to lube them. The u-joints are floppy loose until you grease them up, then they "firm up" and seem solid. I was told by the guy I bought them from not to over-lube them, as you'll blow the sealing o-rings in the joint and have to disassemble and re-assemble them and start over. The question is, how do you know for sure when each u-joint cap is full of grease? The gun is glitchy, it sometimes only will pump on the last 1/2" or so of the piston, which requires a heavy hand. This doesn't allow for any "feel" for the pressure required to force the grease in. I got mine all feeling pretty solid, but didn't want to overfill them and blow the o-rings.

Any experience here?

Back