• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here we go again

Well im going back to an XJ, bought a 96. Most importantly it has A/C. Also has power windows and locks and the body is pretty darn solid, a couple of rough spots to fix, but al in all solid. 277K on the ticker, bonus, everything works. Needed a little TLC. Had a miss when i bought it. Did a quick tuneup, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and now runs surprisingly well. Build will probably begin after Rocktoberfest. I'm not doing a build thread because it wont be any special considering i will just be swapping all i can from the comanche and doing an internal cage, again nothing special.

KIMG0287.jpg

Well im going back to an XJ, bought a 96. Most importantly it has A/C. Also has power windows and locks and the body is pretty darn solid, a couple of rough spots to fix, but al in all solid. 277K on the ticker, bonus, everything works. Needed a little TLC. Had a miss when i bought it. Did a quick tuneup, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and now runs surprisingly well. Build will probably begin after Rocktoberfest. I'm not doing a build thread because it wont be any special considering i will just be swapping all i can from the comanche and doing an internal cage, again nothing special.

View attachment 6858

That looks good sitting in your driveway! You know I have this almost complete 00 sitting here to part out, so start putting your wish list together....because it has to go soon!.
Rich

Agree, looks good, all right. A solid body in that vintage in these parts is a very lucky find. Clearly with as fast as you found/scored it, you were meant to have that one.

Shame to see the Comanche go, but understand the reasoning. Going to run a flag on the back of this one like you used to do in the old days on the '95?

Agree, looks good, all right. A solid body in that vintage in these parts is a very lucky find. Clearly with as fast as you found/scored it, you were meant to have that one.

Shame to see the Comanche go, but understand the reasoning. Going to run a flag on the back of this one like you used to do in the old days on the '95?

Thanks and no I don’t see any flag flying on this one.

He’s going to a rainbow flag

Say, you gonna bring the XJ to RocktoberFest and wheel it stock, just to "try it out" before the transplants start?

Back