• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Turkeyday campout 2016

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Apparently this year is going by at 4x the speed of light... It's come to my attention we are less than a week from Turkeyday!!!

This is our 10th annual Turkeyday campout run.. Traditionally after turkey dinner it's time to camp!

Where? Little Lyda camp.. I think is what it's called? (Torx?)

When: Thursday night thru Sunday

No camp fees, no bathrooms, no running water.. If you can.. Bring wood!!

For those interested in a day trip... Friday and Saturday around 9am.. Roll in to camp to stage

Time to get away from town:flame:

I am thinking of rolling up on Saturday, possibly Friday night.

Where? Little Lyda camp.. I think is what it's called? (Torx?)

Anyone have directions to this camp?
Is it by the Lyda staging area?

Directions to "Upper Lyda Camp": From Lyda Camp, continue through the staging area, and stay left on South Fork Road at the Y (like you're heading for #20 Hood Raiser). Continue for approximately one mile, and camp will be off to the left, just after a right hand corner. It's a large turnoff that is trailer friendly. Below you can find some GPS links from Ryan and Nick.

iPhone Map Link

Also, this will be our 11th year. ;)

That's a great question... the camp is located on a drive around loop (kind of like horsecamp), but there's not a lot of pull through type spaces. There is a small spur road that hooks back into the main road. You might be able to just park your road train there as it doesn't get used.

Back