• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some info!

Cherokee-Dan

NAXJA Forum User
I need some info my fellow XJ'ers , like where to mount a cb pics would be great and any brackets that i could make. Also i want to make some rock rails any info on that would be great. Umm cant think of anything else. Oh yeah its been bout 2 months since i put the rough country lift on my jeep and no sagging at all or axle wrap. So im a happy SOB lol. Thanks in Advance.

I mounted my CB to the pass side of the center console...right next to the shifter. Doesnt really get in the way as long as you have a smaller cb.

radioscrap is garbage stuff! get a cobra or something more dependable... as for mounting systems my buddy has his mounted right up at the top where the windshield meets the headliner. another friend of mine mounted his below the passenger side glove box, but closer toward the driver side.

brandon
IMO, the overhead/headliner mount seems to work pretty good

I have something similar to this. It looks like its changed a bit, but other then that its the same. One one that you pointed out would work for most people, because I dont think your going to be talking with people miles and miles away.

I have mine mounted next to the shifter:
Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

i have a UNIDEN CB from Quadratec.. works fine for everything i have needed.. i have it mounted like this one but its angled back to face me a lil more and the mic is clipped to the front of the console armrest so it sits under my hand when i put my arm on the arm rest..

Starboard M said:

I have a smaller CB mounted to the side of the center console on the passenger side. Wire yours directly to the battery + and - for less static and engine noise. Go to www.firestik.com for antennas, mounting brackets
and lots of good tech/FAQ info.

Starboard M said:
Where did you get that cup holder? My XJ didnt come with any. Sorry about the hijack.
I got mine at the dealer. Just ordered another. I will try to post the part # tomorrow. HTH. JIM.

JEONLYEP said:
I like this one myself.

Although mine is still just right of the center console on the dash.

Daryl
Mine are mounted here in both XJ's. I have the same cb in the 92 & a big Midland in the 96. JIM.

Back