• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aerial views of Hells Revenge

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Here's some unedited video from my quadcopter that I flew a couple times while on Tuesday's Hell's Revenge run. The first one is near Hells Gate, second one near Escalator. It was really too windy to fly both times to get some decent footage, but I flew anyway, hence the shaky video and constant corrections to keep the copter in check.

Cool, Art. You got me on Escalator. :D

What kind of quadcopter and what camera?

The hobby shop I buy all my kids RC truck parts from has a huge one. He says hes into it almost $10K It requires a small utility trailer to haul it around and will hold two full size DSLR bodies and large lenses. It also has it's own camera that shows him where it's at through video goggles. GPS enabled so it can find it's way home if he loses sight of it. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

He uses it to film for people when they don't want to pay several hundred dollars an hour for a helicopter.

The quad is scratch built. Has 10" props, 3S LiPo battery, APM2.5 flight controller. Flight time is around 8-9 minutes with this set up. It's got GPS, so it has functions like "return to launch", "loiter" (it'll hover over a fixed spot and maintain altitude), and fly by waypoints (you can program GPS coordinates and create a flight pattern). The camera is a keychain camera called "mobius"...very small and light weight and records in HD1080. I've only used a fraction of what this thing can do. Still need to dial in the current set up.

We were just shown a demo on one at work (and got to fly it) and were told the one we saw was around $500 I think, it had a go pro on it. Was very similar to the one that was flying on Hells Revenge, meant to talk to you about yours, but never got a chance.

The gps and return to home features were cool. The one we saw wouldn't get within 15 feet of the person with the controller.

mac 'way easier to fly than a normal helicopter' gyvr

Back