• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2014 Would you show up?

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Just a little social experiment.

If we put on a good event with good raffle prizes and a good selection of trails would you show up next year?

I know it's out of the question for a lot of you who dumped tons of money to hit the anniversary event but what about those of you who couldn't make it this year? Or what about those of you who live closer and don't go through as much financial hardship to go. Would you come?

I'm running some ideas through my head about next years event. I'm just curious if the year after a big anniversary event would be a big dud or if the photos, stories and such might get a few more of you to come who couldn't go this year.

It would be scaled down somewhat. There most likely wouldn't be an event every night like this year. It would be more trail focused with a good dinner and raffle Friday night.

So...speak up, one way or another.

Since I couldn't make it this trip for financial reasons, next year IS looking to be better already. After browsing all the pictures and stories from the past week I feel like I HAVE to make it out there SOON.

I would be interested in going. I WILL have my Jeep travel ready by that time. Probably even by the spring.

Would it be a week-long like this year or just a weekend? Or does that depend on how much interest is stirred up?

Ryan: I am interested. The organized stuff would probably have to be shorter, like the 29th. If I remember correctly, that was Wednesday through Saturday, or maybe even Wednesday evening through Saturday. I finally made it down on Thursday night.

We could also resurrect the Spring IC Moab trip for those who want a shorter, more casual trip. Put an invite in non-tech or the foreign chapter forums.

I can not honestly say if I will make the 2014 Fall Fling. I only get 2 weeks PTO, I had to take a couple of unpaid weeks to fit in everything I wanted to do this year. The raffle and dinners really have no bearing on my decision. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones while wheeling beautiful and challenging trails is the main attraction for me.

Unfortunately not. Unless, of course, I find a buyer for my children, then I'm a strong maybe!

I'll start the bidding at $1.00.

But I really want to go back to Moab after I get my lockers and big tires on my rig, and probably the same time next year would work for me.

umm, Maybe. I would like to say yes. Mary and I were able to attend a few non-anniversary Fall Flings and enjoyed them also. Ice on the Rocks back about 6years ago was a great time also.

I really wanted to go this year but didn't have enough time off from work. It's certainly something I would consider if my Jeep isn't dead by then. It's on my bucket list.

The month of October is my only issue. Or maybe the real problem is four young kids in school/sports tournaments etc....:looney: It's just bad timing for a week long trip. A three day weekend with a 1500 mile road trip could probably be squeezed in.

I had gone to the FF four years in a row, 05-08. Then I missed the next four years because I was using my vacation days going down to the Baja 1000 in November. But now it seems that that gig is over, so I will be totally down for 2014. I realized how much I missed Moab.

I had opened a special savings account to save for last week's trip. I decided to keep the account open for next year's trip. And I already have a good start, since last week's trip came in under budget. :)

I would give it serious consideration, what a better time to go back to moab, than with the naxja family

I dont think.I can wait until the 35th to go.back

I've gone to fall fling every yr since the 20th. And I personally like the non anniversary yrs better, plus we always have some great raffle prizes and with not as many people everyone wins something

I will be there, but that is no surprise :looney:

An expanded raffle would be great, although I will be there with or without raffles and dinners.

I would go. But with October being a big push to finish jobs before winter wont be able to, same as this year even though I had reservations :gag:

I love moab and want to wheel with some of the other folks I talk to on here. But a big part of going to moab to me is to get away from the norm and the hustle of a large group. Being in a small group and keeping it low key is ideal.

I would like to attend next year. The catch is whether or not I can convince the wife that wheeling in Moab really isn't as dusty and bumpy as the Sierra's. The other problem is school. The 30th event missed our fall break by one week. Had it been this week instead it would have been easy to convince the wife to go with our 9 year old daughter. Either way, I'm going to try and make it next year.

I dont think I can make it happen, But I would love to think I could bring my rig out there next time somehow. we will see. I had so much fun it was unreal.

Odd.

I was just telling ForeWheeler that we need to do this trip more than every five years.

I did commit 5 years ago to making the anniversary trips every five years for as long as I physically can.

With racing pretty much out of my life at the moment, I'm considering trying to make as many NAXJA chapter events as I can in 2014. Moab will always be near the top of that list. The baby will be two, and probably old enough to bring along. My buddies used to go every year before we all started racing, but they last went in 2005...might be able to talk some of them into a trip (they were going in aug...I went in aug in 2003...said I was never going back in august).

PS I could enjoy the event more if I didn't have to help with it :)

mac 'got me thinking' gyvr

We have already planned several long-distance family visit vacations for next year, so 2014 is probably out for us. But we would definitely like to get back to Moab before the 35th anniversary event.

That said, I'm very interested to hear what you have in mind. Do tell!

Back