• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What brand lift kit?

navyblue123

NAXJA Forum User
I have been shopping around for which long arm lift kit I want to purchase. Went into high country 4x4 the other day, and got one of the employees opinion. I originally was thinking rubicon express, but he told me in the last few years the quality of their lifts has drastically declined. So just looking for some opinions on what everyone would recommend. I originally was thinking 4.5”, but I have lately been bouncing between 4.5” or 5.5” if you guys could help me out with your opinion I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

HCP4x4 usually wants to sell the BDS stuff, which is nice but $$$. Those guys cater to the JK crowd which seems to have more money to blow (and I used to buy stuff there). I don't have any good opinions on kits as mine is all pieced together.

As for height, it depends on a lot of things. How big of a tire? How much are you willing to cut? What are you realistically going to do with it?

I am thinking I would like to run 33/12:50s I don’t mind cutting a little bit, but don’t want to get to crazy with the cutting. It will not be my daily driver so it’s going to be more of a weekend driver / toy. I agree that I thought the bds lift was expensive, but I have also looked at Clayton off road, and rubicon express all of which only maybe have a price difference of a couple hundred dollars.

I run 33x12.5 on a 3.5" lift with fender trimming. I prefer to sit lower, but tastes vary.

X2

& I vote Clayton, lots of good reviews. One of my top 3 of I ever pull the trigger.
Cavfab is nice, beefy to, but bolts hit the dang fuel rail.
Ide recommend RE/PAC/OME springs

happy hunting!

I just picked up an XJ this morning it has a 4.5” rough country short arm lift might just do either a long arm conversion or drop brackets

YELLAHEEP had some drop brackets for sale...

Back