• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats new?!

Need to be working on the Jeeps but have been spending time on home improvements.

Got new windows installed in the house which should help with A.C. and heat bills
Fairly recently got a truckload of rock and finished my dry creekbed in the front yard
Got a truckload of crushed granite and filled in the gap between mine and my neighbors driveway.
Added closet rods on the back patio so we can eat back there when it's nice out without being cooked by the setting sun
Finally installed a sun shade on the dog run this weekend

As for automotive stuff, I had borrowed a utility trailer from my father in law but it had a few things wrong with it. The electrical wasn't long enough to reach the tow vehicle and was mashed up pretty good anyways and there was no spare tire or place to put a spare.

So as a thank you for letting me borrow the trailer, I picked up some free trailer tires for spares (which ended up being just about as bad condition as the ones on the trailer; but better than nothing at all) and ordered a new wire harness and spare tire mount. This weekend I welded the spare tire mount to the trailer, mounted a spare, and ran the wiring to the existing taillights.

After working on that trailer and getting it all working, now I'm kind of itching to add lights to my tow dolly like I've wanted to. Got all the parts, just need to do the work. But in all honesty, I need to just work on the Jeeps issues so that I don't go another year without fixing them.

The only benefit of living in the bay area and not yet able to afford a home = mo' time for Project XJ.

The downfall, Project XJ = money pit.

What a conundrum :laugh:

ef0c0fd143b22f62faa94a60fd2a6776.jpg

aa2a3030b250abf831fb52e435f31b40.jpg

05910571841a96fac2ed96625851a403.jpg

87Matchief and I got Reids and hi steer on his waggy 44 and started to put his steering together. It will need some more attention but she’s getting quite the upgrades hopefully in time for Reno 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, arbs and 4.88’s are going in sometime in June. Still needs to weld in front and rear stiffeners and the iro Dana 30 truss. Traded work with a shop in Modesto to pay for the gears and lockers a while back just haven’t had time to finish everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relocated my PSC reservoir and finally installed my heated seats.

IMG_2861.jpg IMG_2936.jpg

6c1be6cba4b6d2dd3f2674af75cdd8ee.jpg
0d48932a14bb526cd666258ff25f9dad.jpg
c7ed23066146bf6561caa28e9d0bb5dd.jpg

Some of the many projects- Tube doors, soft top, and a welding table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I dig the soft top idea, really interested in how it works out.

yeah me too. I have a decent idea at this point but my means of fastening it to the body keep changing the more I research it and the more I try to figure it out

Back