• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is Bilstein up to now?

DieselSJ

NAXJA Forum User
bilstein.jpg

Well, we were going to copy this this style, but Jeepspeed shot it down. The piggy-back section is just a big heat sink and the tube to the remote resi is off the end of it. JS said that is a remote cooler and is a no-no.

BTW, that is a 2.5" shock on the front of that Class 1 and it overalled at SF 250. No big 3" or 3.5", no fancy oil recirculator, just a plain old 2.5" remote resi with their new design bypass valving and a butt-simple way of keeping them cool.

cooled_shocks.jpg

Last edited:
Oh!
You didnt post the whole picture...

I dont know how thats considered remote cooling when its still attached to the shock.

Wackers car had some super cool custom heat sinks on the shocks before he boaght it. The original owner ended up keeping them, I think.

You guys need to stop asking for approval on stuff that isnt against the rules.

The reservoir end cap affixes the AntiCavitation Valve (ACV) and also interfaces with the new piggyback format. Heat sync function added which pulls heat directly from the oil not second hand from the steel tube. Close coupling to the shock body increases effectiveness, I call it a reciprocating cooler. This can retrofit onto all non weld top 60mm reservoirs (JS retrofit may require using the 12" res with cooler to stay within the 15" reservoir length limitation). More stuff in the works...

Last edited:
Oh!
You didnt post the whole picture...

I dont know how thats considered remote cooling when its still attached to the shock.

Wackers car had some super cool custom heat sinks on the shocks before he boaght it. The original owner ended up keeping them, I think.

You guys need to stop asking for approval on stuff that isnt against the rules.

My rejected inquiry to JeepSpeed was about adding the small HOWE power steering cooler inline on the reservoir hose. This would be cheap and available for anyone to add to any brand shocks... Would be a cleaner and more effective option than hose clamping piles of aluminum junk on the outside of the shock body.

http://www.howeperformance.com/accessories-coolers.htm

My rejected inquiry to JeepSpeed was about adding the small HOWE power steering cooler inline on the reservoir hose. This would be cheap and available for anyone to add to any brand shocks... Would be a cleaner and more effective option than hose clamping piles of aluminum junk on the outside of the shock body.

I think it's an awesome idea and it should be legal if it is attached to the shock, but before the resi hose. It's not remote if it's attached to the shock.
What exactly did clive say?

Eric

Holy shit what a good idea... I may have to look into that since I'm not hindered by any rules.

Back