• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Rail Scrader valve cap.

Calata

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I get a replacement? I can't find it and a part number in the parts list, and the dealer is telling me I would have to purchase a whole new rail to get the cap. Not sure what they are smoking, but it must be good stuff.

I thought of using a rubber vacuum cap, but I would like it to also thread on.

Any one have a good part number for it on hand? ( Dealer or Napa part number ).

I've no idea what the thread is on yours but take a look at the A/C side, I've seen those caps in the help section of parts stores..

Pretty much a standard refrigeration filler valve cap. Should find one at most any shop that sells refrigeration stuff. You can also use a standard 1/4" tubing, flare nut, with a plug in the end. Someplace with a selsction of flare nuts/ compression fittings, might have the cap or a flare nut plug.

How about just using a vacuum line plug. You can get a box of assorted sizes from most any autoparts store.....

As 8mud says, it's the same cap as the fill side of an R-12 AC system. You should be able to grab one at a junkyard, AC shop, or perhaps even off one of your own vehicles if it's old enough.

This is a handy thing to know, by the way, because if you stumble across an R-12 filler hose (once a common part as the R-134 ones are now, and sometimes found in junk boxes, garage sales, etc.) you can use it to rig up a cheap fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks guys. I've already tried the 'Help' section in Pep Boys, Strauss, and Autozone. Nothing. The Napa around my area has most of their stuff behind the counter walls, in the back room and I can't go in there.

Guess it's to a GM dealer to try locating one, or then A/C recharge shops.

Here continues the crusade for a $0.10 part......... Arrrrgggg.

do you have a picture of what you're trying to cap off? you may not even need a cap on there. what year?

You don't really need the cap on there, the schrader valve seals the port. The cap just prevents dust and debris from jamming up the schrader valve. It's really not the end of the world to drive around without that cap.

I know, but I also take my fuel press readings every once in a while, not just when I have a problem. I don't want gunk to risk contaminating the seal and risk having a minor fuel leak onto a hot manifold.

Back