• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel check valve

OILBURNER

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah, the old "long starting time" deal. hasta
I searched & found a buncha good info on the situation, and am zeroing in on the check valve in my fuel pump.
My question is, approximately how long should fuel system stay preesurized after the vehicle is parked? A few hours? Overnight? Over the weekend?

Mine has zero pressure overnight for sure :hang:

OILBURNER said:
I searched & found a buncha good info on the situation, and am zeroing in on the check valve in my fuel pump.
My question is, approximately how long should fuel system stay preesurized after the vehicle is parked? A few hours? Overnight? Over the weekend?

Overweekend and beyond. Use a gas pressure gauge at fuel rail to verify. You should have at least 20psi after a few hrs and maintain that thereafter for a long time I believe. You can insert a bmw inline check valve just after fuel line exits the tank as a cheap fix. Here is some old info I got from this forum yrs ago and I don't recall the author.

“The BMW fuel check valve part number 16 14 9 068 988 fits between the filter and the fuel rail since its connections match this section of fuel hose. I installed one a couple days ago and it works fine. The unit comes with about a foot of 8mmx13mm fuel line, hose clamps, insulation and plastic nut covers for $3-5. It is necessary to make room for the valve, but that is not hard. Call a dealer and order one, or it may be in stock.”

Greg

OILBURNER said:

Zeroing is how?
A leaking injector or regulator can also cause a pressure loss problem even a very very small leak in a o-ring.

Greg Smith said:
“The BMW fuel check valve part number 16 14 9 068 988 fits between the filter and the fuel rail since its connections match this section of fuel hose. I installed one a couple days ago and it works fine. The unit comes with about a foot of 8mmx13mm fuel line, hose clamps, insulation and plastic nut covers for $3-5.

Greg

Okay I got the BMW valve ($5 - Riiiiight!)
When you put yours on, did you use the clamps that came with the kit?

Thanks!

OILBURNER said:
Okay I got the BMW valve ($5 - Riiiiight!)
When you put yours on, did you use the clamps that came with the kit?

Thanks!

I was quoting from old info I got off a forum at least a yr ago. I already replaced my fuel pump before I can across this fix. I would use the clamps provided if they are the type not requiring a special tool otherwise find something else. Greg

I got the BMW check valve from BMA Parts ( 1-888-262-3911 ) about 6 months ago. The cost was under $ 20.00 delivered. The supplied hose clamps worked fine with no leaks, but I used extra clamps on each side of the valve to be sure. I put the valve close to the tank. Use a mini tube cutter so you can cut the tube cleanly in a confined area.
standard.jpg

Back