• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photos

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So I get to display 5 of my photos at Starbucks in New Hope, Bucks County, PA. They have to be under the theme "Light" in Winter... or Light in darkness. I'd like your opinions on which to display.

Here are my galleries (I do still need to add more photos):

MySpace:
http://profile.myspace.com/279814671

DeviantArt:
http://ghostdakota.deviantart.com/gallery/

So far I have one photo being used which is this one:
A_Shot_In_The_Dark_by_GhostDakota.jpg

Thanks for the help! :)

I vote for "capturing the moment" or one of the lightning over the lake photos. The Camaro SS emblem shot is cool too.

Either one of the lightning ones, or the one with the black Ferrari.

Thanks guys! More opinions!? :) I need 5 total .. this is too hard lol.

ECKSJAY: I've been shooting with that as my personal DSLR for over a year now and love it. I shoot with a D300 at work as well as a couple Hasselblad's :-D

GhostDakota said:
Thanks guys! More opinions!? :) I need 5 total .. this is too hard lol.

ECKSJAY: I've been shooting with that as my personal DSLR for over a year now and love it. I shoot with a D300 at work as well as a couple Hasselblad's :-D

Got to field test a D300 last weekend. They've made some awesome changes.

Mmmmm, Hasselblad. :roll:

We were going to get a D3 but no one has 'em in stock so we "settled" for a D300 lol. I've only messed around with it a few times but on what I call "full auto" in relation to a gun... I love the sound of holding the shutter release and having it snap 6 shots per second :-D I don't know enough about it.. yet, but can't wait to use it more.

ECKSJAY said:
Got to field test a D300 last weekend. They've made some awesome changes.

Mmmmm, Hasselblad. :roll:

Nice photos! So, what's the deal with "A Bloody Past"??? Kind of creepy. Also, the pic of the Mustang Fastback "Incredible"...I WANT IT! I am building one right now!!! Talk about inspiration!

Oh...and I like the lightning shots as well as the sun setting over the water...(everything gets hotter when the sun goes down...)

BruceB83 said:
Nice photos! So, what's the deal with "A Bloody Past"??? Kind of creepy. Also, the pic of the Mustang Fastback "Incredible"...I WANT IT! I am building one right now!!! Talk about inspiration!

Oh...and I like the lightning shots as well as the sun setting over the water...(everything gets hotter when the sun goes down...)

Thank you much! "A Bloody Past" was taken in a high school in NJ that "supposedly" killed a bunch of teachers/students when it caught fire. But I haven't been able to find any confirmation of that. I just played to the lure I guess. It was photoshopped a little bit as ;-) That Fastback was gorgeous. I heard it coming, grabbed my camera, and got that shot. I wish I had set my ISO to 200, but it was still up high from the previous night. Thanks again!

GhostDakota said:
We were going to get a D3 but no one has 'em in stock so we "settled" for a D300 lol. I've only messed around with it a few times but on what I call "full auto" in relation to a gun... I love the sound of holding the shutter release and having it snap 6 shots per second :-D I don't know enough about it.. yet, but can't wait to use it more.

The one I borrowed had the grip on it with additional battery, so I got the 8fps(?) with it. Took it hunting in Texas with me...see this thread. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=939602

Can't wait to get my matching pair. ;) Oh yeah, think of it as a baby D3. MOST of the features in a smaller package (except when the grip is on!).

I'm diggin "barn dog" he looks like a tuff little SOB.
"Clouds" looks nice. That picture of the mitubishi ecplipse is sharp. Too bad they didn't wash it first, looks like some drops of bird poo on the hood.

I really like the "Onward and Upward" Picture

Thanks once again for the help! These are the ones I'm going to display starting this Thursday, February 24th:

232135570-L.jpg

225594446-L.jpg

225594667-L.jpg

138766833-L.jpg

185521756-L.jpg

Back