• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake manifold upgrade - serpentine routing/size?

Puddin99

NAXJA Forum User
I just upgraded my 94 4.0 Cherokee (pretty much stock, 5spd w/ac) with a newer intake manifold. At the same time put on a new exhast manifold - that wasn't cracked. I purchased a newer compatible power steering braker off of ebay to go with it. Everything went together pretty good. My question is, the original belt won't fit - didn't expect it to. I've read all of the other posts, before after and during...didn't see any real positive information about what one should do about rerouting the belt with the new mount - including the new adjuster and what might be the size of the new belt.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

I removed the stock fan and pulley. I also needed a different belt size. I took a string and went through all the pulleys as the belt pattern would go. Took the measurement off the sting and off to the part store I went. Save yourself time and take in the old belt to match up ribbing and measure it in both standard and metric.

Back