• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

surco mounts

rubiconcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
just a quick note tpo let anyone that was wondering. the surco 5 1/2" gutter mounts will work with a XJ with no modifcation. i was wonderin myself the past two days til i received mine and tried them, i fits perfectly with them with plenty of room to spare between the roof and bottom of the rack. i was thinking of moving my crossbars from underneath the rack to the top so that it will sit even lower on the roof. i posted this cuz surco says they will not work and say that you need to buy the high mounts.

got a pic of your mounts? How are you going to mount cross bars on top side?

I also have a surco with gutter mounts, and also have thought about lowering more. I already lowered it about an inch by drilling new holes in the mounts. Now it sits directly on top of factory cross rails (after I straightened factory cross rails.)

I've broken two surco gutter mounts. :) Now my roofrack hangs on the wall in my garage, and I only put it on the jeep when making trips where I'll -need- it .. and the heavy stuff wont go up there anymore.

I used the 5 and a half inch ones too.

Red97XJ said:
got a pic of your mounts? How are you going to mount cross bars on top side?

I also have a surco with gutter mounts, and also have thought about lowering more. I already lowered it about an inch by drilling new holes in the mounts. Now it sits directly on top of factory cross rails (after I straightened factory cross rails.)

not yet cuz its not mounted completely. just mounted to see if it would work and to line it up. then took it right back off. going on saturday when i put my lift on. post pics then.

Back