• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab.....

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well, after a 12 hour drive, I'm home.

First of all, I want to send a big thanks to the whole Fall Fling organizing party. The week went superbly, despite some early glitches, and I heard nothing but the most positive comments around the various campfires every night. The crew did a spectacular job organizing and running the event from start to finish.

As a judge in the Show and Shine event, I can honestly say that I have never seen a better group of "built" rigs anywhere. From the most stock appearing rigs to the pseudo-rock buggies, there was some really fine fab work on display. We looked at over 100 Jeeps Thursday night and hardly saw any junk (until I had to drive my pile back to camp :D ).

The trails were as good as I had imagined. The hard-core group I was running with ran Pritchett Canyon, Lower and Middle Proving Grounds, Rusty Nail, Cliffhanger, Boulder Alley, and 21 Road (Colorado). Very minimal breaks on any of these. (I spun an axle tube and seperated a steering joint in 7 days of hard-core gettin' it).

The highlight of my week was the Cherokee Challenge, which many of you witnessed. My team mates and I ran dead stock Cherokee's through Lower Proving grounds with only the aid of 31 inch tires and a welded rear diff. As predicted on this forum, the West Coast Gettin' It Crew stole the show. The Colorado boys (and girl) put in a valiant effort, and a great time was had by all. I am sure they are wishing they had won so they wouldn't have to listen to our shiznit for another year.

So, in summary, it was great meeting the midwest knuckleheads (you know who you are), the Southern boys and girls, and getting back together with the AZ and CO crews. All are about the finest people you'd ever want to meet, and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

Thanks again for all the wonderful memories and great times.

CRASH

that that video of the stock XJs doing lower proving grounds is crazy, too bad i couldnt have been there to see it!

What did you leave at 4:00 this morning or what. :) The wife and I rolled in about 10:00 mountain time.

I'll second all of those good remarks about the organizers and volunteers. I haven't ever been to an event with that many people, but I couldn't imagine it being run any better.

Except the judges could have picked a better spokes person. That guy didn't have a clue about anything. :D

So when are you and Jes going to give me a tour down your way?

Lincoln

geesh 12 hours, I thought I was busting it at 14. :)

Great trip for those that haven't been its simply amazing out there.

I was also impressed with how well set up the majority of the jeeps were and it was all well organized.

It was also awesome to wheel with everybody got to see some people I haven't seen for awhile and got to make a lot more jeeping buddies :)

Last edited:
It was great to meet you CRASH.

Had a fantastic time wheeling with all of you and look forward to some more soon.

Great comments, Andy. I just got home, showed my brother video of the competition, played a little with the grand kids, and visited with my wife. Now I'm headed for bed......very happy but beat. :)

Proud to be a member of the West coast gettin' it crew :D

BTW, instead of heading west on I70, we drove home through Capital Reef NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, and Grand Staircase-Escalante Nat Monument.........awsone scenery!!! That route is well worth the extra 1/2 day and a must at some time for those heading west.

I just got back. Had breakfast with Beezil this morning then did a 14+ hour marathon drive across three states.

This was the best four wheeling event I've ever been to! Great to see everyone again and meet some new people too. I'll start sorting through all the pictures I took tomorrow.

Jes

Sorry I missed you guys this year. I nearly cried every time I saw my lonely XJ sitting (on Jackstands) in the garage this past week!

I saw pictures of a heep on it's side on Proving Grounds in the same place I dumped it lasted year. That made me smile.

Emma's neck is getting stronger by the day. She'll be ready for the XJ car seat by next spring!

Glad every one made it back OK (even my trailer).

SeanP

Goatman said:

BTW, instead of heading west on I70, we drove home through Capital Reef NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, and Grand Staircase-Escalante Nat Monument.........awsone scenery!!! That route is well worth the extra 1/2 day and a must at some time for those heading west.
Heck yeah! That's the way I would drive it when I lived in Cali. UT Highway 12 is my all time favorite paved road. :)

Back