• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone have any info on warn's new vr8000?

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
im in the market for a winch, i first started with looking at the smittybilt xrc8 then cuz 4 wheel parts has the xrc8 h20 for 399 i was looking into those... i hear bad reviews on chinese winches and i got pointed in the direction of the warn vr8000 but this one is pretty new and only has a name to stand behind. im trying to keep my winch price under $500 and not worry about this one crapping out in 3 years...

ive searched but havent found any solid reviews on anything other than the warn M8000 but those are 745 new.

any help to point me in the right direction would be great.

help with a battery choice would be cool too. my wal mart special from the PO is weaksauce

Lol, serious offroad Can I get a rain check until I get my tax return?! I have have a tint/ exhaust ticket I have to correct first before I'm allowed a winch

Love my M8000 FAST.. and reliable! i have atleast 100 pulls on it this year..

For a battery I would go with an Interstate. We had a 96 Dodge pickup in the field at work for the last 5 years. I threw the charger on it and it started right up. And has now held a charge for 2 weeks. I would never have imagined a battery could last through that.

Back