• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head count?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Let's start the count going:

Who will be there on Friday for the the Adopt-a-trail?

Who will be there Saturday?

Who will be there Sunday?

Who will be at the BBQ?

Where you staying/camping?

How many in your party?

I will start:

I will be there on Friday, a little late, but I plan on being there.

I will stay all weekend, including the BBQ.

Accomodations unknown at this time.

Only 1 in my party.

Tentatively, Friday morning through Sunday morning

Camping if we ever get any info back from the window licke...I mean, coordinators.

if i can get the saturday off work i'll come up friday thru sunday, otherwise i'll be leaving LA at 2 on saturday and coming home sunday evening.

i will be bringing my stepson with me for his first offroad adventure not sure on the camping tho, we'll probably end up at the motel. not sure yet... i'd rather camp i wouldnt want to miss any campfire shenanigans :cheers:

as long as i get my new gas tank put in before that i'll be there for sure!

should i plan on bringing anything?

I'll be coming up with the wife & my daughter, after work on Friday. We plan on camping and staying through to Sunday......:yelclap:

me and my boy will be there! coming up friday night staying thru sunday, we'll be staying in the campgrounds.

me and my daughter prolly. Maybe my wife too. I am trying to have my buddy in his TJ come also, and if so they his 2 kids maybe 3 kids.

We would be there fri, leaving yorba linda at 12 on fri and getting there ? Leaving sun around noon.

BBQ - prolly all of us.

Have spaces 89 and 91 at Serrano.

Looks it will be me and my wife getting up there around noon friday, camping till sunday afternoon in spot 94 & Im planning on bringing a lot of fire wood.

Last edited:
Most likely going to make this one a day trip on Sat. Depending on the date which is? :dunno: Robert I ran Calico with you, I have run Gold Mountain and Jacoby Canyon and been on all the forest trails up there, time to try something new. What would you suggest? Fish, Tish, and Bama

Nope can even make this one a day trip,:bawl: the 5th and 6th wont work for me, gotta be down in San Diego. Any one that wants to run Big Bear in the mean time or in the after time Pm me and well see what we can do.:thumbup:
Fish

fish1976 said:
Nope can even make this one a day trip,:bawl: the 5th and 6th wont work for me, gotta be down in San Diego. Any one that wants to run Big Bear in the mean time or in the after time Pm me and well see what we can do.:thumbup:
Fish

Hey Fish,

I will probably pre-run Holcomb Creek and/or Dishpan Springs within the next few weeks.

I will post up next week. Go to do a little work on the XJ. We still have to get Odette's TJ up there and run Gold Mtn and Jacoby. Maybe I will get lucky enough to go twice!!

whats left? what do we need? im willing to chip in or buy some meat or other stuff, i'll be bringing a cooler anyway might as well fill it :gee: what do we need? meat? veggies? firewood? beer? tequila? im not in a habit of showing up to a bbq with nothing to contribute.

GrimmJeeper said:
whats left? what do we need? im willing to chip in or buy some meat or other stuff, i'll be bringing a cooler anyway might as well fill it :gee: what do we need? meat? veggies? firewood? beer? tequila? im not in a habit of showing up to a bbq with nothing to contribute.

One of the other post in the "SoCal Fest 2007" main thread (http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180) should provide all of these details.

I know that Remi, Cracker, and Seqouia are all working on this.

I would look for more info later this week.

Usually, Remi or Ron take care of the food. It's BYOB. The food is usually about $10 per person. This will take care of the food and give a little to the chapter.

There is usually a nice raffle, but time is running short, so I am not sure what we can expect this year.

The past two years have been a blast. Personally, I love Big Bear and the trails are fun. It is not JV, that's for sure, but there are some challenging and scenic (as well as historic) trails there. There is almost something for everyone! I say almost because the non-street legal guys (buggies) don't have alot of places to run. Most of the trails are green sticker, meaning they have to be smogged and street legal. (I think)

Like I mentioned earlier, Friday is the chapter adopt-a-trail and it is a great time. There are Forest Service guys with us and last year they took us to a few unmarked areas. Also, gettting to give back tot the Forest Service by volunteering and maintaining a trail is a great way to say "Thank you!"

GrimmJeeper said:
Id like a 12 pack of carona, a bottle of patron, and oh a side of beef........what are veggies?

sereously though the food saturday night the last couple years has been top notch and if you bring a little extra of whatever beverage you like there will be more than enough stuff from everyone to make the night interesting.

What is goin on with the raffle this time?

dzraces said:
Id like a 12 pack of carona, a bottle of patron, and oh a side of beef........what are veggies?

well you cant go wheeling without a good tequila now can you? oh and i just said veggies so as not to offend the tenderfoots, i think they talk about em on that food channel on the tee vee

:D

Back