• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extremely worried

the chariot

NAXJA Forum User
ok so last week i had to renew my overdue plates... yes yes i know. sorry bounty. so i go get my safety inspection and i have to shell out 100 bucks for new brake pads. sweet. then i get exhaust and pass. so as im driving home i slowly brake and turn into my drive way... but this time its a lil different. i get vibrations. i get worried and call my friend and drive to his house (his dad has been working on cars all of his life) i start pulling in and again vibes, then i put er in park and clank. i hear a weair noise, like a shovel being dropped on the groud. my friends face and mine shocked. we instanly look but find absolutly nothing. he thought my tires were torqued properly so he adjusted them. the next day (today) i go back to the inspection (carex) and i explain my story. they believe they misinstalled a brake. they check them all and drive it around a few times to check. they adjust the left brake and everything runs great! until work. i turn again into my spot and vibrations, but this time not near the left, they feel low and under the engine.

mind you this happens not to often and i even tried swerveing fast, braking hard, and accelerating fast, and shifting in all gears. none are affected.

am i ok? what should i do?

(2000 xj classic also btw)

is it coming from underneath your or up front. any lift? maybe a wheel hub. is it a reputable shop or could they have not none it right

no lift, stock. and its underneath the engine from where im feeling it from. and yes. shop told me to come back if breaks mess up again. brakes are fine. :(

It really sounds like Brake chatter. Its common if you did not turn the rotors. The other thing that causes it is a loose unit hub bearing, the new pads grab better and cause it to vibrate.

Back