• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woody jinxed me!

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
All of his talk about computer failures and all......had one drop dead here at home, the wifes machine. It lived a long hard life, but has always been a POS. She now has my IBM laptop, and I have ordered this:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_9100?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab

Inspiron 9100
Intel® Pentium® 4 w/ HT Technology 2.8GHz, 15.4-in. WSXGA+.

I upgraded the ram to 1GB, got the cd/DVD burner, 60GB Hard Drive at 7200RPM, and a few other things to bump the price up.

Ship date is next week on Thursday. Looking forward to it. Wish it would hurry up and get here already. LOL. :)

Glenn

SouthernXJ said:
Man, getting a new PC is such a neat thing, aint it?! Next best thing to a new car.
Yup, I dig it. I love being able to work from anywhere in the house with the laptop. Nothing like laying in bed all day working. LOL.

This only leaves one AMD powered machine here, and it is just a Win2003 Server.
Glenn

Sorry about that Glenn :dunno:

Last night, I was able to revive an olde PC to use till the main one is up to speed. It's very strange and slow (using my newer monitor and the text is HUGE) but it's getting me there. Spent an hour this morning d/l W98 updates. Love that dialup ;)

glen, i tried buying the new xps, because they had a free 1gig upgrade, among other things. granted, the end price was almost 3k, but it would have been awesome, if my financial institution wouldnt have had a fit about a large purchase:(( The joys of banks. Well, hope to see yall when I get outta this hellhole.

Kris

Weee. Posting this from my new laptop, delivered a couple hours ago. :)

Kristen, the 9100 is the same chassis as the XPS, certainly not a small rig. It will not fit in to my current laptop case for sure. Hope the new case gets here tomorrow, as I am supposed to be at a Microsoft thing on the 10th.

So far.... so good though. Busy transferring files at the moment.
Glenn

well the new laptop got shipped to the folks house yesterday.......how do you like the pics i sent?

Kris

ladywolf said:
well the new laptop got shipped to the folks house yesterday.......how do you like the pics i sent?

Kris
Liking them so far. Keep em coming.... more skin..hehehehe. :)

Will get them up tonight... if all goes well. Have a ton of software to load yet...... but keep the pics coming, they will all go online.

Glenn

to what webpage? I need to view!!!;) want to see what you've done:)

Kris

91 Jeep Project said:
Yeah it is, especially when you paid more for your new Mac then you did for your XJ............ :puke:
Ick! Did you say Mac? I had one years ago..... about the same time I tried AOL. A drake period indeed. :(

Actually, Macs are not tooo bad.

Glenn

Tried AOL once, in '92 or so...used up maybe 5 of their 8 "free" hour trial (yes, it wasn't always 10000000 free hours!) they tried to bill me (well, my mom, I was pretty young then) for stuff they said wasn't included in the free trial, but nowhere could you find that such asd such a service wasn't free.

Been trash talking them since, couldn't believe it when my mother got them a few years ago, believe me I fought that one hard...figures though, she's the one that's dying for them to put a Wal-Mart in the L.A. area, and she watch's the Lifetime channel!

Jinxed me back :(

My 'in home tech support guy' finally shows up today with a new MOBO. Pops it in and...

Same old problem! so he did some more swapping and determine that it was just the modem!!! (never had a modem prevent one from booting up but WTF?) Trouble was, all he had was a Dell modem - minus the CD - so it booted up fine but needed the drivers.

Anyway they are supposed to be mailing it here, so I can just pop it in. What's another week eh?

First time peeking inside this one...hehe got some fuzzy crap to blow out, and tickled to see room for expansion. I'll jam another 256k memory stick in there while I have it apart.

Woody

Slow Riding in the 75mhz/dialup fastlane.

Back