• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 2dr rig for sale

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok there comes a time........

My 1989 2door is up for sale. Looking to get $3600 for her but don't let that stop you from making an offer.... worse I could say is no. We all know what they can do so please no tire kickers... Will go onto craigslist in a couple weeks or so. Would rather it went to someone that will appreciate it and abuse it for what she was meant for...

1989 Cherokee 2dr
-still street legal(in my inspection area)
-clean TX title
-4.0L just turned over 200k a few hundred miles ago
-auto aw4-recent trans filter and fluid
-np231 t/c - has a sye installed by me in 2008ish and a Tom Woods rear drive shaft at the same time
-new reman front shaft about year and a half or so ago
-33*12.50*15 Maxxis bighorn tires plus full size spare thats only seen the ground a couple times
-20 gallon fuel tank with stock gas tank skid installed around 2008ish(had a 13 gallon tank when i bought it

6" lift
-Rough country long arm
-rough country 6" coil springs in front
-Rubicon express adjustable track bar and bracket
-ZJ steering set up done in 2008(I've replaced most of the tie rods since then under warrenty)
-rear leafs bastard pack - made with stock XJ top and the rest are Dodge Dakota pack
-rough country 2.2 shocks in the front
-J/K rear red shocks in the rear
-shackle relocation boxes
-extended shackle
-no sway bars front or rear(was DD'ing like this for a long time with no issues)

Axles and such
-front D30 disco axle housing with a powertrax no slip locker with 4.56 gears, 1 piece passenger side conversion with TJ large joint shafts and same TJ large joint drivers side as well, solid industries diff cover, mini skids, all ballpoints where done in November of 2010
-rear D44 with a Detroit full carrier locker with 4.56 gears and solid industries diff cover and raised shock mounts and ruff stuff D44 axle mount kit(axle weld on mounts, u-bolts, leaf spring top plate)
-front Chevy 1-2 ton brake hoses
-rear Dodge Dakota brake hose

Motor

-stock 1989 4.0L
-redid the head gasket a few years ago along with all the side freeze plugs
-Pacesetter header(used from RMS692) a couple years back plus redid the exhaust
-cold air style intake(home brew)
-redid the injector o-rings a couple years back
-2ga positive and negative main battery cables made by me with military style battery clamps, 4ga auxiliary leads for positive and extra grounds as well
-replaced heater core back in 2007
-upgraded to all new open cooling system around 2007 or 2008 I think it was, which included all new hoses
-replaced the water pump a couple years ago, never overheated but was starting to get loose so replaced it before anything bad happened
-belt is about a year old
-power steering pump and gear box have been replaced in the last few years with new reman units along with a new pressure and return line

exterior
-2dr with removable doors
-front bumper is a dirt bound DIY bumper that I welded up
-rear bumper is home made that RMS692 and I made
-rear Thor quarter guards with trailer style lights
-reverse lights on the roof(on switch only, but can made to work with oem set-up wired into switched set-up)
-rear cut and fold done to rear wheel opening area
-front wheel opening cut(cleanly) and TJ fender flares installed
-AJ's super rail rock slides
-Smitty-built 8000lbs winch on front bumper with controller
-2 pro-comp lights on front bumper
-e-code headlights with sylvania silver star bulbs in them
-glass is all solid and tinted 35% by me.back in 2007..still looks real good...lol
-has rear side vent glass

Interior
-only has the two front seats no rear seats at all
-rear speaker bar
-recovered speaker bar and headliner and visors
-comp/temp/auto dim rear view mirror(yes it all works)
-cobra 29 CB with a Wilson "little wil" magnet mount antenna on the roof
-4 switch, switch panel with a custom made relay control box under the hood with 6 outputs
-hurculined interior
-2 fire extinguishers(1 at drivers seat and the other in the rear by the hatch
-high lift jack mounted inside securely

This is a very capable rig that has seen many fun times, and led me to meeting allot of amazing people. I have other priorities in life that do not let me go out wheeling as much as I would like any longer. The 2-3 times, if that some times, a year that I go it is not worth it to me to keep her. Its time for her to go make someone else smile.....and sweat and cry and bleed....lol

the bad to some
-its got some light dings, some scratches, paint ain't perfect, its dirty,etc.... Its a jeep that was used for wheeling what do you expect... It never wheeled at the mall, sorry....lol

the good to the rest of us
-its a Jeep
-they go forever
-its built not bought
-has never left me stranded
-comes with rear TJ flares as well(I just never took the time to install them
-still registered and inspected so we can go for a short ride if you want to to try it just no wheeling it till you buy it....

-its a turn key wheeler ready to go out and play in the rocks and make new friends

ok after all those words here are a couple pics and the link to more
I'm sure I missed something but hey I'm human after all....

Thank you for taking a look at her...

link too photobucket
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/magimerlin/slideshow/jeep/11-17-2013

Makes me shed a tear.....but I do know the feeling Jay. There comes a time....

Roger, pretty much everything would swap over where you have no wiring harness at all...lol.

Yea mine has nothing :( I am actually considering just getting rid of it... but buying yours does make me think.

damn.......I'll pour out some beer for one less of us

DARN, Jay you need to still come out at least on a final run... ride shotgun. Then we can see your new truck project and Will can buy you some beer :)

Back