• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well this bites!!!!!

scoobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I had enough money put back to get me a set of springs, and what happens? My phone finely poops out, and I had to spring for a new one. So now I'm $270 poorer, and need to come up with a nice satisfying death for that piece of shit! And no Goodburbun I'm not going to dress up like Santa Clause just so you can see one shoved up his ass!

scoobyxj said:
I had enough money put back to get me a set of springs, and what happens? My phone finely poops out, and I had to spring for a new one. So now I'm $270 poorer, and need to come up with a nice satisfying death for that piece of shit! And no Goodburbun I'm not going to dress up like Santa Clause just so you can see one shoved up his ass!

Didja need a $270 phone?
Surely find a cheaper one than that!?!?

Hale

Haleyes said:
Didja need a $270 phone?
Surely find a cheaper one than that!?!?

Hale
No not really, but it was a good price on a red Razor-M, and a Bluetooth headset. I got a car charger too in that $270 price, but I'm taking it back, and getting one from Wallyworld for $20 cheeper. Oh, I do get a $50 mail in rebate on it too so the phone in itself was really only $100.

Mutant_Xj said:
Since your phone fudged over your Xj, your Xj should have the honor
I was thinking about running the old one over with my forklift.

scoobyxj said:
No not really, but it was a good price on a red Razor-M, and a Bluetooth headset. I got a car charger too in that $270 price, but I'm taking it back, and getting one from Wallyworld for $20 cheeper. Oh, I do get a $50 mail in rebate on it too so the phone in itself was really only $100.

No sympathy, WAY cheaper phones then picking up a Razor with Bluetooth. Obviously a cool phone loaded with gadgets was a bigger priority then the springs for the XJ.

You should get Sprint or Nextel, they have a phone upgrade/replacement deal. My original phone was about $400, Motorola i860. Top of the line phone at the time. Well after a year, you can "upgrade" your phone to the current model of what you already had, for $30. So after beating on my i860 for about a year and a half the ear speaker went dead. So I went to the Sprint Store, plopped down my $30, and walked out with my $450 i870...............:cheers:

Last edited:
True, but the Razor, Moto E-815, and a LG was there three, best speaker phone, and best reception. No mre LG phones for me. The E-815 was nice and a bit cheeper, but I liked the Razor better because it will fit in my shirt pocket better. However I'm now thinking about taking it back. After looking online I can get it for $50.They made it sound like a great deal cause the phone retails for $360.

scoobyxj said:
However I'm now thinking about taking it back. After looking online I can get it for $50.They made it sound like a great deal cause the phone retails for $360.

Buy whatever phone you are after on ebay. Then take the sim card out of your old one and put it in the new one. Thats all it takes. Just make sure the phone is unlocked or is wireless provider specific to what you have.

Got a .223 rifle and a loading press? I've found that a Hornady SXSP, loaded to ~3000fps, does a wonderful and satisfying number on "soft" electronics (cell phones and pagers) at ~200 yards. Cathartic as all Hell for you...

However, "great price" or no, some intelligent shopping would be in order here. I don't care about "lightest, thinnest" - and don't need a Razr. Neither, I suspect, do you.

The principal reasons I own a Treo 600 -
Carrying the Treo, I no longer have to carry my Visor Prism - reducing the load on my belt.
I got the Treo secondhand (and unlocked!) for $50.
I'm familiar with PalmOS - the only real "learning curve" issue I had was that I was using OS5 all of a sudden, instead of 3.x/4.x (different processors.)

As far as use, there are eight people who have my cellular number, and all know they are assuming a certain amount of risk in calling me (I tend to answer the 'phone with a rather brusque tone - I don't like telephones from the off.) This also helps to keep my bill down - the only person who calls me with anything like regularity is my wife, and the other seven are people I have known for a minimum of 15 years anyhow (and who therefore know me rather well...)

Bluetooth headset? I've already got people around here thinking I'm insane - walking around looking like I'm talking to myself wouldn't help. The bad thing about Bluetooth headsets is that it makes it harder to spot bad drivers - at least a handheld 'phone is easier to spot. Dammit, HANG UP AND DRIVE!

Anyhow, I'd end up tossing the old 'phone into a bin I keep just for 'phones, pagers, and other annoying electronics. I save them for use as targets whenever I go somewhere remote... With the bedsheet I spread out under them, I manage to get most of the exploded bits quite easily...

I'd use explosives on a few, but gunshots are easier to explain away...

5-90

Yup, the local battered women shelter uses them to outfit gals with the ablility to call 911 rapidly when the situation arises.......or take them to the 5-90 Battered Phone Shelter and he can blow the diodes out of them :eek:

XJEEPER said:
Yup, the local battered women shelter uses them to outfit gals with the ablility to call 911 rapidly when the situation arises.......or take them to the 5-90 Battered Phone Shelter and he can blow the diodes out of them :eek:

That's a thought. I'd rather equip battered women with the ability and wherewithal to just groin the fool, but that's just me. If beating on women is what it takes to "make you feel like a man," perhaps you should be emasculated... I find that women who can grasp testicles and squeeze - hard! - don't need cell phones or "personal body alarms" (or whatever they're calling them this week...)

Besides, I just find it far more personally satisfying to watch them disintegrate by remote control... And, it keeps me from engaging cell phones as a general rule - like, when they're up against someone's ear...

5-90

5-90 said:
Got a .223 rifle and a loading press? I've found that a Hornady SXSP, loaded to ~3000fps, does a wonderful and satisfying number on "soft" electronics (cell phones and pagers) at ~200 yards. Cathartic as all Hell for you...

I'll second this for .17HMR. Oh, and Tannerite.

91 Jeep Project said:
No sympathy, WAY cheaper phones then picking up a Razor with Bluetooth. Obviously a cool phone loaded with gadgets was a bigger priority then the springs for the XJ.

You should get Sprint or Nextel, they have a phone upgrade/replacement deal. My original phone was about $400, Motorola i860. Top of the line phone at the time. Well after a year, you can "upgrade" your phone to the current model of what you already had, for $30. So after beating on my i860 for about a year and a half the ear speaker went dead. So I went to the Sprint Store, plopped down my $30, and walked out with my $450 i870...............:cheers:
Shure I suppose I could have done with out a Razor, but I has all the things I wanted on a new phone on it. Camra, I have had to meny times when I have seen somthing and wanted a quick pic of it. Advance texting, while I don't do an excesive amount of texting it usually much simpler to just text someone for a simple question rather than call them.
MP3 player, I have been wanting to get one for a long time, and with the memmory card it holds more than enough songs for me. Voice actvated dialing, if I do need to call someone when I'm driving it's the best (However I do try not to talk, and drive at the same time, and if traffic is heavy I don't). Web browser, yea ok that is just a toy, but it's fun.
Sprint/Nextell is voted the worst celluar carrier in the US. Not to mention neather even have service in my home town. I have made the mistake of not buying a mainstream phone before with the phone that just crapped out. When the charger crapped out the only place I could find one for was RadioShack, and I had to pay $40 for it. When I missplaced the belt clip I had to modify a Motorola case to fit it. When I tried to get an adapter to hook it to my car antenna the only one I could find was a $300 booster kit that would include the adapter.
I'm not sorry I got the phone, I'm just cheesed that it went now insted of waiting five months.

Back