• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extremely po'd

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
so at work i grabbed a mountain dew out of the cooler as a customer was coming in. i set the drink down on the counter to help them out and so on. i get done helping them and a dude comes in needing two car batteries for him and his wifes cars. i deal with him, take a few drinks out of the drink i haven't been able to pay for yet ya know. i got outside install the new batteries and do my thing. well i get inside to wash my hands and as i come around the corner the manager is like, "josh we're gunna have to talk to you".

get to the back office and the manager is saying he's got to send me home for not paying for the $1.05 drink. sorry i was out helping customers and never got a chance to pay for it. he said he had to call loss prevention and report it and that i'd have to go home and call tomorrow to see if i even have a f****ing job. so basically i might be getting fired for doing my job and not being able to have a chance to pay for a dollar drink.

the assistant manager who "told" on me... i've seen the dude open up a brand new buffer box and give his buddy the buffing pad out of it and then defect the entire thing. apparently that's ok though. he wouldn't even let me go pay for the drink. he said, "as much as i'd like to do that i just can't"

sorry guys, but wow i'm really pissed right now

F***d up! They should have just let you pay for it. Thats really stupid especially because you were helping the people not just chilling there. If you do end up getting fired tell the guy to go fuck himself and tell on the assistant manager just for being an asshole. Thats so wrong makes me mad just hearing about it. Where are you? i may come help you beat these guys up :D

I think there's more to this story then you're telling us. Fired over a $1.05 soda pop? Sorry, but I don't buy it. (no pun intended) :bs:

Looks like they're weeding you out for reasons only you and them know. :looser:

lesson -

drink and eat on your own time...not thiers.

And in this case....as much as I hate to say it....I agree with Trndrvr (that really hurt allot)

Rev

TRNDRVR said:
I think there's more to this story then you're telling us. Fired over a $1.05 soda pop? Sorry, but I don't buy it. (no pun intended) :bs:

well what i'm thinking is that they're trying to use this as an example to show the other guys that they "mean business". the manager has been writing a lot of guys up the last couple of weeks for all sortsa small stuff like a guy being 10 minutes late because he got stuck at a railroad crossing.

TRNDRVR said:

Zactly.

What does FL call it....."The Right to Work" isn't it....something along those lines.

Noone has has asked the most important question yet!!!!

Did you get to keep the Mt. Dew?
:D

Dan is right. Whether you know the reason or not.

Sounds like a piddley reason on its own.

How long have you worked there?

ive worked there about a year and a half. i'm pretty sure i'm not losing my job, i'm thinking he just sent me home as an example to the other guys that "he's not playing around" anymore. if this guy at the store i worked at before didn't get fired for losing a $1200 change order, then i'm pretty sure i wont lose mine over a friggin soda.

I would start looking for a new job. Its one thing if your stealing, but a soda. Soda's should be in a vending machine, if not then they are just asking for loss.
What a petty thing to try to control soda costs. Seems like your boss doesnt have much to do.

just my opinion on crappy management.

Ben H said:
I would start looking for a new job. Its one thing if your stealing, but a soda. Soda's should be in a vending machine, if not then they are just asking for loss.
What a petty thing to try to control soda costs. Seems like your boss doesnt have much to do.

Agree with this 100% and what Lou said.

Rev Den said:
I do not think anyone wants to see two fat guys in bibs hug each other.....well maybe Opie, but no one else.

:D

Rev

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but even if I dont know those guys... thats f*ckin' funny!
:laugh2:

Ben H said:

the manager got came down REALLY hard on by the district manager (who im decent friends with). apparently he got called out on not doing his job and letting the store get out of control. i think this is his (the managers) way of trying to regain control.

i told quite a few people that even if i don't get fired i'm definitely going to be looking for a new job. i don't want to work for a company who can't understand that i didn't want to interupt the customers needs so i could pay for a damn soda.

Back