• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back seat

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
I dont use my back seat anymore, i have it folded down. Has anyone removed their back seat. I was thinking it would help with more storage space and with less weight. Would love it if someone could post some pics of what it looks like, also whether or not it was hard to remove.

Don't have pics, but the seat cushion just pulls out. It is around a bolt, but you can pull it out from 1 side. The back part has a bolt on each side that you can remove to remove it. I took out my seat cushion, but left the back part in and just folded it down so it is level with the rear cargo area. It looks pretty ugly with the entire seat removed, I think most people just take out the seat cushion and fold the back part down.

thanks, probably just will do that

back1.jpg

back2.jpg

back3.jpg

I removed my back seat and would highly recommend it if you don't use it, I keep my front seats slid all the way back, so the rear seat was alway in the way.I don't plan on reinstalling them so I removed the metal cross piece under the lower cushion and laid the carpet down flat and remove the seat belts,looks great and there's alot more hauling space,......go for it !

hackedxj said:
looks great and there's alot more hauling space,......go for it !

well i guess i will have to get in there take it out and see how it looks. did you notice anymore road noise, if so how bad. Thanks for the pics camel joe

Yes there is more road noise, but noly if you remove the carpet. Also, with the back seat gone, you can hear the rear speakers better :).

not to worried about the speakers, i have lil somethin to advance the need of a hearing aid

Back