• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Value of Dana 44 front/rear and dana 60 rear?

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
Couple of questions:

What would you say about:

Waggy 44 front drivers side drop

Waggy 44 rear center pumpkin

78 Ford 250 8 lug low pinion 44 front
76 ford dana 60 rear with 4.10 and posi......

Thoughts on the value of those?

Well that would make more sense. Does the 44/60 have the same ratio and out of same truck? Ive seen that combo go for about $250-300, I got mine for $250, and they needed rebuilt.

Im not sure on the value of the waggy axles, but they seem to be a popular swap for XJs due to the width being pretty close to stock, but they are a LP axle as well. I can't sell my front 44 to save my life and I think its due to it being a LP. I really don't see the big deal, but thats because where I run is mostly muddy ruts and stuff like that, rocks tend to tear up low pinion stuff.

The amount you'll get depends on the availability if the axles in your area.
Unless you want to deal with shipping.
Put them on ebay. People will always buy this kind of stuff.
Sometimes they pay more than it's worth.

I can find those at the PNP for $100 each around here.
Most people will pay more just to not have to pull it themselves.

Well that would make more sense. Does the 44/60 have the same ratio and out of same truck? Ive seen that combo go for about $250-300, I got mine for $250, and they needed rebuilt. .

Yes, both have 4.10s, though to be fair most people who go for one tons will probably want 5.13s anyways.

Back