• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest anyone?

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
Well boys and girls a couple of your fellow NW chapter members are planning to attend Sierra Fest this year. And I thought I would put out the word so that if you are interested AND your vehicle meets the qualifications we could set up a group trip down. I would try to attend BOTH Nwfest and Sierra fest. So before you go any further and start planning to go, I want you to read a couple of threads so you understand exactly what you are getting yourself into.

Sierra fest Info: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80134

2004 Trip Report: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33555

2004 Past Events Forum: http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

Remember this about 1000 miles away from us. If your rig isn't going to be trailered you had better take that into consideration. Now you don't have to do the whole thing. I will only be doing the Rubi section, :viking: and then possibly riding shot gun for Fordyce Creek. Also EXPECT and PLAN for body damage and mechincal failure. :repair: If your rig can't go a whole day without breaking, take that into consideration. NOBODY wants to be "that guy" that had to be dragged the entire trail. Make sure you stock up on spares.

"MY" plan is: This only a begin sketch of what I would like to accomplish. Mike is thinking of doing all three trails.

Thrus 10th: Arrive in TSF
Fri 11th: Wheel TSF
Sat 12th: Wheel TSF/ Possibly leave around noon and drive half way to the Rubi and camp????
Sun 13th: (Leave early from TSF and) Drive to the Rubi
Mon 14th: Wheel Rubi
Tues 15th: Wheel Rubi
Wed 16th: Wheel Rubi
Thrus 17th: Finish Rubi
Friday 18th: Drive north Via Oregon coast (stop at dunes) /OR Fordyce
Satuday 19th: Continue north camp along North Oregon Coast /OR Fordyce
Sunday 20th: Drive home. /OR finish Fordyce
Monday 21st: Drive Home.

Read though this info and then think about it a little and if you are still interested post up. :compwork: It's kinda like a BOTW tour.

XJourney said:
It's kinda like a BOTW tour.

Only easier. ;)

:D:D:D

I'd love to do that more than anything, Hans...but I don't have the time. I'm going to put some stuff together for an invite/members only charity run during the Summer for a location yet to be determined. ;)

Phil, I can't wait, That sounds excellent!!

As Hans eluded to in his original post. My intent is to run all three trails (assuming my jeep is still running). Either way (Running just the Rubi or all three or any other combo) any one who might be interested in coming along we should coordinate travel plans etc.

Who's in??

Michael

i'll be living in the sacramento region after june 10 so i will more than likely see you guys there...i'll have to transfer to the sierra chapter I GUESS.....

trainwrexj said:
i'll be living in the sacramento region after june 10 so i will more than likely see you guys there...i'll have to transfer to the sierra chapter I GUESS.....

You don't 'have' to. ;) You planning on coming up to TSF in August?

i really doubt i'll be able to make it to tsf - i am really hoping for an unofficial prerun of sorts between now and when i move because i've been wanting to check it out for a while...

as soon as i move, i'm going back to framing custom homes for the summer so i can save 5 or 6000 to help pay for school and also to buy a small circular object with which to request my lady's hand in marriage....ha! it's going to be a hectic summer, but since tahoe will be more or less local for me, i am gonna try and go to sierrafest.

So no one else is interested? :( Hey thats ok Michael and I will make sure to bring back photos for those who can't make it. :photo:

Of course you still have time to change your mind. Only 123 days till Sierra Fest.

Think about it

Hans

I would love to go but unfortunately that week is when the whole family is gathering on Lake Chelan for my wife's parents 60th wedding anniversary. So I can't do it. A couple weekes earlier in learning about it, I could have but I decided on a jeep run in Northern Idaho. So the wife set the date for the anniversary around that jeep run. And all the reservatons, etc., have already been made and I'd be dead meat. Bummer it tis. :( Not that the stuff I'm going to isn't fun too. Bring back lots of pics if you can!! And enjoy the trip guys!! :)

XJourney said:
So no one else is interested? :( Hey thats ok Michael and I will make sure to bring back photos for those who can't make it. :photo:

Of course you still have time to change your mind. Only 123 days till Sierra Fest.

Think about it

Hans
It's not a matter of interest: I'd LOVE to go. It's a matter of getting that much time off, and trying to go to the Monterey Historics. I'd need like two weeks off (I've taken three days off in two years, just to give you an idea of job flexibility) to make it work, and that's just not gonna happen. I would kill to go, though. Have fun and take lots of pics.

-----Matt-----

sams88 said:
I would love to go but unfortunately that week is when the whole family is gathering on Lake Chelan for my wife's parents 60th wedding anniversary. So I can't do it. A couple weekes earlier in learning about it, I could have but I decided on a jeep run in Northern Idaho. So the wife set the date for the anniversary around that jeep run. And all the reservatons, etc., have already been made and I'd be dead meat. Bummer it tis. :( Not that the stuff I'm going to isn't fun too. Bring back lots of pics if you can!! And enjoy the trip guys!! :)
What run in N. Idaho?

There was some earlier discussion with the group that used to put on the Silver Valley Jeep Jamboree about doing a three or four day thing around Priest Lake in August. While I talk with the gent every week at least, there hasn't been any firm update. We will be talking again tomorrow (Wednesday) evening and I'll ask what the latest is. Last I heard it was limited to 25 vehicles and was pretty much taken up by the annual die hards from the old Silver Valley JJ run and was a "fee" event.

Back