• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 ZJ 4.0 Mopar OEM vs aftermarket replacement radiator

Muddzz

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace an oem radiator in a 95 ZJ 4.0L.

Mopar OE p/n for the 95 ZJ is 52028379 runs ~$208.00 plus ~$40.00 shipping from Mopar Giant.

Mopars OEM radiators now use plastic tanks. I'm not certain what happened to their metal tank radiators, which I've purchased in the past both OEM and aftermarket.

There are plastic aftermarkets available two row alum core that run from under $100.00 to around ~$200.00 some with free shipping.

There are also all aluminum aftermarkets that run as low as $67.00 with free shipping.

With radiators becoming plastic I'm not certain if Mopar still has an edge over the aftermarkets? At one time the built rugged metal rads some that last the life of a Jeep.

Any ideas which replacement radiator to purchase? Mopar plastic OEs are still better than the aftermarkets?

Or it's becoming more equal quality?

e.g. Crown has one approx. the same price as Mopars OE except I think has free shipping.

RockAuto carries an aftermarket with a brand name NISSENS 609891 $126.79 (2 row core)

• Cooling fins material: Aluminium
  • Core Dimensions: 565-498-42
  • Radiator type: Brazed cooling fins
  • Transmission Type: Automatic Transmission
  • Water tank material (radiator): Plastic
  • Vehicle Equipment: for vehicles with air conditioning

and NISSENS 61000 $165.79

Cooling fins material: Aluminium

Core Dimensions: 565 X 498 X 42 mm

Radiator type: Brazed cooling fins

Transmission Type: Automatic Transmission

Water tank material (radiator): Plastic