• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$850 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 4.0/Auto/33s

Freshmeat

NAXJA Forum User
Already going a different route, assuming this can sell in time. It runs well enough for a trail rig on and off road, but the engine is making some racket. I'm guessing valvetrain, but I haven't really worked with it enough to figure out what's the problem, other than it being at around 250,000 miles.

I'm keeping the tires currently on it- it will come with low-tread 33x12.50x15 Dueler ATs on Cragar steelies (I was told they're Procomp wheels, but they look like Cragars to me.)

I have a new valve cover gasket and spark plugs that will go with the Jeep. I have the front bumper, but it's a bit bent so I didn't put it back on when I installed the tow hooks. The plan was to get bumpers that are in better shape.

It was rear-ended, so the rear section of subframe will need some attention if you really want it to ride well, but I wasn't worried about that because I only intended to drive it to and from the trails. The collision also caused the hatch to no longer close. With a little bit of work I'm sure it could be figured out.

There is no lift but I did trim the fenders fairly thoroughly. The 31s on it now rubbed slightly at full lock, so the 33s will probably be a little worse than that if you want to keep them on the rig. Either adjust the stops or switch to smaller tires.

XJ106.jpg

XJ107.jpg

E-mail is best contact: wjacocks at gmail dot com

Back