• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilsteins for 4" lift

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Moving up in inches so these are about to be too short. Have about 3000 miles on them. $100\pair shipped to the lower 48.

Mike

What model 5125? 5150? What is the valving on the fronts? Do you know the extended/compressed measurements... very interested.

Thanks,

Chris

yep ... PN is BE5-6241-H7. These are the ones the Bilstein makes specifically for an XJ with 4" of lift. These aren't 5125's that i picked the length and valving on. I am at 4.5" in the front and compessed and drooped the suspension all the way and have not hit the limits of the shock.

Call Shane Casad at Bilstein (1-858-386-5900) and he can give the lengths and such.

They have servered me well. i am putting in the exact same shock, just designed for 5-6" of lift.

Mike - I need to flex my rig and see what will work.. for the record though (in case other buyers are interested), these are stud on top, grommet on bottom, 24" extended, 15" collapsed with 334/39 valving - per Bilstien...

Sounds about right ... but they have bar pins pressed in from bilstein ... they come that way.

i rode in a 3.5" RE wih OMEs and have found these to be a little nicer. I have owned 2.5", 4" and now 6" Bilstein's. I have had the opportunity to pick up OMEs along the way and have always gone for these. As they are both gas charged, they will be simlar. The valving is all the difference.

I sent the money via paypal for the shocks. I Can't wait to get them and see how they do compared to my OME with 30k on them which are too short for me now.
Thanks again,
Adam

Back