• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A HUGE thanks...

Leep

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out on this crisp Jan 10th to give me a hand.

Actually Timothy threw me a suprise wrench party today to help with swapping my trans. From what I understand it has been planned for quite some time.

We got the trans swapped over and now all I have it to finish the connections to everything and plumg the cooling and should be good to go.

My wife as usual cooked the army style chili with dogs and later for dinner we had carne.

Timothy supplied the mixins for the chili for lunch and Gerr supplied the carne for dinner.

After swapping the trans we decided to watch anthony fiddle with some axles for his 44. He could not get the drums off so we called in the head of drum brakes, Ohhh Ted, we need your help. Well the cutoff wheel worked great.

After all the wrenching was done crazyjim decided to take a vote on weather mike should get a haircut. It had to be a unanimous vote for it to happen and yes mike got to vote.

We had a good crew here for the day.

Timithy was the organizer, Grimm was the entertainment, Ryno was the honorary chair warmer, crazyjim was the analytical oportunist, bajacurt was where ever he was needed. Gerr supplied food and then we had Ted on drum brakes. Anthony was our stress case from no knowing weather he would have brakes for tomorrow. Alek21 was the newb taking in a wealth of information and crash was the cameraman.

Finally after we were all done and enjoying a little fire by the fire pit ben decided to show up after driving to barstow a few times.

All in all it was a GREAT day and thanks to everyone that came by especially to Timothy for organizing this.

Leep

Wish I could have made it man! Sounds like you all had fun. Next one for sure. :D

X-3 Dennis,

Glad ya had a great time. Wish I could of made it, but waist high in work that I'm committed to.

You're welcome Dennis, it was a good time. Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the carne asada! It was great seeing everyone and meeting a few new people. Thanks to Dan for the hatch.....it was much warmer on the drive home!

lol again with the fakin drum brakes, man grimm can drink lol, when he told me he was a pro, i laughed when i saw him drink yesterday i was impressed.. lol. thanks to dennis's wife for putting up with our shit, and providing some good warm food, and to gerr for the meat, and my new d-ring thingy.

Don't forget timmy took grimms tail gate too lol!

peace
ted

damn! i wanted to make this, i was cutting the ornaments for everyone tho :)

if you still have one on the 10th i'll definitely be there.

sounds like a great time

dennis wish i could have made it there sooner.

is mike still passed out on the couch?

Ohh no, he is up and going. Was actually up before me. How is your shift likage on your rig ?

its popping out every so often still.......

ill get around to addressing it later.

sleeeeep needed.

Yes Dennis you have helped so many peeps here it was good to help repay you.
Thanks to your wife for the awesome chili. Wish I coulda stayed for the carne asada but I'm glad I left before crazyjim got the electric clippers out.
I trying to keep my hair for as long as I can.
Oh and Tim next time you schedule a Christmas present work party can you make it in July!! It was COLD!!!!
Good to meet a couple new faces and was great to spend some time with you all.

Back