• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Compression test question

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all. Still having the same problems in my "Low RPM stumble/poor idle"
post except worse. No having more serious stumble (intermittant) at all RPMs mostly low. Replaced TPS (adjusted) and EGR set up. I'm hearing what i think is valve slap in # 1, 2, or 3 (not constantly). As stated in the other post my engine was rebuilt about 15-20K mile ago. From reading other posts a compression test does not mean your valves are fine correct? My compression #'s were all around 150lbs. Is a leak down test nessessary now? I did pull the valve cover then push rods. Everything looked ok there i.e. no bent rods and none were blocked. thanks in advance blaise

if you got 150 across you dont have a valve problem.

When you changed your TPS did you clean the thottle body and IAC motor?

Cleaned the IAC, didn't do the entire throttle body. Got my hands on a Renix FSM recently.....gonna try and figure it out. I'd like to take my oldest son to wheelin @ Alto, Texas before he leaves for the summer. b

Ok I was looking at previous post, and I think you got it mostly covered.

I'll do some more thinking.

Found some stuff. I was going through the list of stuff in the Renix FSM. Checked MAP sensor first and found the voltage at terminal B was 2.2V instead of .5 - 1.5V on the chart. It said that if voltage wasn't in that range sensor is bad. I decided to check some other stuff since it was early am. Air temp sensor, Coolant temp sensor, CPS all within range. While underneath i looked at the knock sensor. I noticed the housing a little loose and it actually broke loose, plastic housing seperated. I'm going to replace the knock sensor before I buy a MAP and see it that does it. AAAhhh a gilmmer of hope blaise

Back